“Authentic”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I think the Italian Café is the most authentic Italian restaurants in the area. It Is not a franchise and the food is mostly prepared from fresh ingredients comparing to franchise restaurants. Great customer service ads to the quality of service.

There are newer reviews for Italian Cafe

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm not sure what happened a few months ago, but the quality here has fallen off a cliff. The service is erratic and our food has taken a long time and been cold lately. This definitely isn't the same experience I used to have at Italian Cafe. It used to be my spouse' favorite place. No more.

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Me and my husband go there all the time at least 4 times a week . What can i say about the food , everytime i eat there i feel like i am in italy and eating real italian food . Service is wonderful everyone there is friendly.Way to go italian cafe , who ever is writing bad comment , they are the hater's . Italian Cafe number 1 in Texarkana .

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

This used to be a great local restaurant. Management must have changed. This time it took up to 20 minutes between courses. Food was just average. What used to be great Italian food now tastes like a TV dinner. Service was slow and dessert portions have been cut in half. Not worth the time or the price.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We entered the restaurant with great hopes after reading these positive reviews. It was an utter disappointment. My husband, a cardiologist ordered Chicken Marsala. It was so over salted he was in fear of an instant heart attack. High blood pressure and hypertension patients be ware.

I sampled the dish and could not taste the mushrooms or chicken due to extreme salt levels. The salt ruined the meal. We sent it back. The waiter kept offering dessert as if that'd solve the problem.

We ended up sharing my Eggplant Parmesan. It was a pre-breaded, institutional grade entree at best. We've had TV dinners that have tasted better.

When the bill came we had sticker shock. The Chicken Marsala that we sent back was still on the bill. We walked out in totally disbelief that the restaurant manager would be so unaccommodating and unprofessional.