“cant wait to see the update”

Howard Johnson Texarkana
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed October 22, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
EileenP368, Manager at Howard Johnson Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Texarkana

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel needs work!!! The bed was comfortable, the coffee maker did not work, the ice machine was broken, the pool and spa were broken. But for $49.00 can't ask for much. Breakfast was ok. The STAFF was terrific, they were very sorry for all the things that were wrong. Its not the fault of staff. I should have said give me the owner. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for taking time to send a review. We are excited to say we are in the process of renovations. Please come back ans see the changes!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

had a pleasant visit a year ago. Decided to stay 2 nights this year.. big mistake!!

asked for room on first floor, due to mobility issues.. made reservation online Sunday, they received Friday, couldn't/didn't think to call or e-mail me before I got there.

wifi last year was excellent, this year ws barely useable

got partway home, and no drivers license.. last person that had it was their desk clerk.

I advise all travelers to make a photocopy of their license, and hand that to a hotel desk clerk... you will need a badge to touch my license from now on

its sad to see a business with a manager that is so rude she hangs up on a paying customer

Room Tip: any other motel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
EileenP368, General Manager at Howard Johnson Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Bed was very uncomfortable. Bedspread was dirty and smelled. Pool was not very clean. Pool area was not appealing. I wouild not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathryn M

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Asked for non-smoking room but room had cigarette burns and an ash tray! Smelled horrible, purchased car freshener to hang over AC... Ceiling in bathroom was blackened from mold. Floors sticky and turned bottom of feet black. Towels were very stained! Dead bugs in bathroom floor! Fan did not work in bathroom as well as one of overhead lights! Workers offered a discount on my next stay..... Will not return!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send a review. I am pleased to say we are in the beginning process of renovations. Please come see the changes for yourself.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

When I came upon the hotel I figured out why it was so cheap. The location was where it seem to be a violent area. As I walked in to check in my lungs were filled with odor of smoke. I could not breathe due to the strong odor. I did not feel safe at the hotel because of some guest that were roaming the hallways. As I was going to lay down for a nap, I spotted stains on the sheets. When the housekeeper came to change them, she gave me an attitude saying, "I didnt clean this room so I didnt do this." She startled my niece that was with me and I was like "Ok?" The pool was very deceiving from our room. It looked very nice and cleaned from our room but when we got in it, it was a whole different story.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your response. I am pleased to say the hotel is currently going through renovations. We welcome you to come back and see the changes we are making.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The price was great, The people was very nice. Room was not ready at check in time, had to wait. Strange people hanging around in the parking area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Magnuson Hotel Texarkana
#10 of 19 in Texarkana
Knights Inn Texarkana
Knights Inn Texarkana
#13 of 19 in Texarkana

Been to Howard Johnson Texarkana? Share your experiences!