“Candlewood is my new favorite hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Texarkana

Candlewood Suites Texarkana
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Fort Bliss,TX
“Candlewood is my new favorite hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

My family and I were traveling to Bliss and we were looking for a decent hotel to get a good nights rest and that also accepted pets.Well Candlewood hit the nail on the head. When I came in my room it was awesome no complaints.We also got a military discount. The room was clean and the hotel is close to restaraunts and shopping.My kids were dissappointed that we were only staying one night. Thumbs up Candlewood.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank sgoodwin1204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

My usual hotel in Texarkana is no longer on the company's prefer list. So travel department personnel booked me at Candlewood for 10 days, which I agreed since the nightly rate is right at the per diem.
The location is easy to find. In fact, it's right off I-30 highway.
After a long day of flight and drive from Little Rock, I couldn't wait to check in, clean up and go to sleep. As soon as I pulled the sheet cover to get in bed I smell the odor from the bed and pillow. And I kept hearing tracker trailers running on the highway.
To my surprised no one clean my room for the next 3 days. No fresh tower, nothing.
I switched hotel.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank mhd114
Brownwood, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

We stayed one night and that was enough of that bed. We had to go get extra pillows and the sheets were so thin you could read a newspaper thru them. It was a toss up which was harder the bed or the floor. We had an accessible room and it had a bathtub to try and climb in and out of to take a shower. The room was clean and well equiped with cheap furniture but since the place is new everything worked. We were on the second floor and we only heard the people above us two or three times.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smith030
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

The hotel is nice and the rooms are too. I'm a very clean person and I felt the room was really clean until I go into the bed. The sheets smell and were rough and I was then grossed out. The staff were not very talkative and very stand offish.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank stella123_11
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Our family is super paranoid about cleanliness and even check between mattresses before we carry in our luggage. We did our "white glove" test and this property passed with flying colors! The staff was always very happy to help us with any requests we had as well. (i.e. help figure out the T.V. remote, explain where the closest grocery store is, etc.)
This was an in between stop of a 22 hour car ride and we found the beds very comfortable. They even had one free movie check out (and free microwave popcorn) to use with our in room DVD player.... a welcome setup after all the hours on the road. :o)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

Stayed here last night I don't even have one complaint. and I saved $30 over Holiday Inn Express nearby. Everything was great! Make this your first choice the Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Denver_GES
Richardson, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Texarkana, TX in May 2010 while visiting a relative at a nearby hospital.

The hotel is fairly new and is tucked into a wooded area near Central Mall and just off Cowhorn Creek road, which will take you over to St. Michaels Hospital.

I was looking for a better value than I was finding from Hilton and Marriott branded hotels in the immediate area. Candlewood’s lowest online rate was $89 for AAA/Priority Club members, but they gave me a $79 “hospital” rate, which was much better than I found with any other nearby hotels($109 being the best I found at other nearby places).

Candlewood is an extended stay hotel, and as such does some things differently such as not changing bedding and towels on a daily basis. You can switch out towels whenever you need and request any additional services that might be needed.

The good: I stayed in the smallest suite room with two full size beds and the room was very large, with a 2 burner stove, microwave, full size fridge/freeze with ice maker, coffee maker, basic set of dishes, a good size desk, flat screen TV, and DVD player(loaner movies area available in the lobby); there is a good sized workout facility with treadmills, stationary bike, and even dumbbells; there is a complimentary laundry room(you provide the soap); they have a small “store” onsite with some of the basics you might find you need; wired and wireless internet is available in the room.

The not as good: Not much to complain about. The wireless in the room was not real great, and even the wired was slow but functional.

I found this to be a very nice hotel, and an even better value.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo