“Okay”

Candlewood Suites Texarkana
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spend too many nights in hotels for my job and typically love the Candlewood Suites, but I was not as impressed with this location. The hotel staff was great and I was very happy with the location, but when I walked in it had an empty feeling with older furniture. Typically the Candlewood's are very inviting and have a cozy type of feeling, so this was unexpected. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and will most likely choose an alternative place the next time I am in Texarkana.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Penny N,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Despite the challenges you faced I was pleased to note that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This has to be one of the nicest hotels on the country to stay in. From the moment I walked in, I was welcomed & made to feel like my business was appreciated. I say this because the customer service I received was excellent & I didn't feel like "just another person checking in". I was greeted with warm, welcoming smiles & very pleasant attitudes. My check in was quick & easy (just the way I like it). Questions that I usually ask were answered before I even asked & I was given all the information I needed, along with the reassurance that they would gladly assist me if needed anything else. When I walked into the room, I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness & fresh scent as well as the amenities. I've spent much more on rooms in other cities & wasn't pleased the way I was here. I travel all over the country for work & I spent a great deal of time in hotel rooms. More than the cost, the two things most important to me are cleanliness & great customer service. Congratulations to the staff of the Texarkana Candlewood Suites!!! You nailed them both!!! I would like to thank Angel in particular for her friendliness, courtesy & professionalism. It was greatly appreciated! You should be recruited to go all over & show others how it's done. Thanks also to Amanda who was there when I checked in! It was a pleasure meeting you both. You two are the reason I don't need to look for another hotel when I'm in the area. Keep up the great work!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jcpro
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The staff here were exceptional in every way. Great location next to interstate. Facility had everything I was looking for and they had free coffee. I couldn't be happier with my experience here. The entire staff deserves a raise for how they deal with problems that arise. I will recommend this facility to anyone staying in Texarkana. The gym and the laundry rooms were a great benefit to me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife, daughter and I were travelling from Charleston, SC to Phoenix, AZ. We stopped at the CW suites in Texarkana for a night. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near pretty much everything you need. New (and CLEAN!) rooms. Great prices, and pet friendly!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Never stayed @ Candlewood suites b4 but, was a very nice experience! Staff-Great! Property-Great! I really could not hav asked 4 any better! We hav traveled all over states and never that nice of a stay! I really would hav liked to just stay n my room all day n not work!,, LOL

Room Tip: They even allow pets! N hav pet potty area w/poop bags n disposal! AND hav gazebo w/grills!! The o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Smokey S
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I loved staying at this hotel! The staff was very friendly and really made you feel like they cared about their guests. I was very impressed how clean my room was, along with the gym and laundry facilities. I'll most definitely be staying at this hotel if I'm ever in Texarkana again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very sunny and have good views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank james j
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I am with the military and i can say that my stay at the candlewood suites was 1 of my more relaxing hotels that i stayed at. I have never had a better guest service, in any hotel. I would like to say that Miss Cari and Miss Amanda were some of the most accommodating ladys i have had the pleasure of talking to and meeting. They make sure that every guest is made to feel at home every day they see you. The rooms are very nice to stay in, as well. Very top of the line quality, with every thing you could need to make it feel like you are at home and not just at a hotel. free landry, work out room, in hotel store that just add to the hotels good qualitys. So for any military personel staying in the texarkana area, take it from me as well as my other military friends staying here, stay at the candlewood suites. Because they care about you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business