“Perfect”

Candlewood Suites Texarkana
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel the staff was very helpful and nice.. The rooms wher clean the towels wher thick and comfortable.. I would only say that if I ever come back to Texarkana I already will be knowing wher I stay... Thx Amanda the lady at the front desk for making my stay soo pleasant...

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Okblue09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a month, the staff made me feel as comfortable as i could.if any issues arrised they took care of it in a quick and professional manner. Would recomend this hotel to anyone, friends ad family.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank jcobb07
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm a Sgt in the US Army and had currently moved to the Candlewood suite from Country inn and suites. The staff, and the rooms are wonderful. Anytime I needed something the staff was right there to take of my needs. Everyday when I got back from training I stopped and talked with the staff which made my day great. Whenever I come back to the are whether its for training or personal, I will defiantly choose the Candlewood Suites.

Room Tip: All rooms had a stove, and all other hotel room needs.
2 Thank Benjamin C
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was scheduled to be in town for several weeks and wasn't happy at a local hotel close to Candlewood. I stopped by one evening after work to check out the rooms and layout of the kitchette area. Upon arrival, I was greeted at the door by the Manager and Desk clerk (both very friendly) and mentioned my intentions. A few co workers and I were immediately taken to one of the rooms and were able to look around as the Manager explained and answered all of our questions on the spot. he also shared alot of information about the area and opportunites available in the area fopr relaxation 9very nice and helpful). We immediately made our reservations and relocated within a few days. Upon arrival, check in was very fast, easy and without hassel. The entire staff has been very friendly and helpful in many ways to include coupons for local restaurants, business information on were to find different things, even how to purchase a fishing license. They all have been great. The hotel is quite making it easy to work in my room as well sleep at night without interruptions. The hotwel gym offers great options for many different workouts and with all the equipment working (not the same experience with other local hotel). I really appreciate the welcomed feeling I have experienced since staying here at The Candlewood Suites and I hope all my stays are as enjoyable as this one. Thank You Candlewood Suites Texarkana.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!
2 Thank Keith L
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Candlewood Suites is a great place to stay. Everyone that I encountered on the staff during my stay was very nice and courteous. Being away from home is really hard, and being around nice genuine people makes it a little bit easier. The amenities at the hotel are very convenient and a great way to spend your stay away from home. I loved the fact that the front desk staff locks the doors when it gets dark; this is a very comforting and safe feeling. Although housekeeping only services the rooms Once or twice a week, it’s nice that they allow the guest to choose which days we prefer our rooms to be cleaned. I’ve stayed at other Candlewood suites that follow the same housekeeping protocols and this was by far the nicest and cleanest housekeeping staff, I’ve experienced thus far. I had a question about priority club and the person at the desk was unable to access the information at the time, to my surprise she contacted the general manager, whom surprisingly was available on a Sunday Evening and they took care of my request immediately.
Overall, Candlewood suites is a very nice place to stay, I will definitely return to this hotel when I travel to Texarkana.

2 Thank Nicolle D
houston
Reviewed February 19, 2013

As a woman who travels alone on a regular basis for business (and pleasure), I'm savvy to suite hotels. I'll say that I stayed here in November 2012 without incident - I was neither impressed or depressed by this hotel. February 2013 - a frightening stay fraught with strange happenings. Repairmen coming to the room without notice; strange calls to the room; rules that seemed strange - doors locked at sundown, unable to request a cleaning day - you'll do it when they say, a credit card scam from within the hotel (phishing) causing me to have to cancel my card and get a new one; a manager who is both unprofessional and unavailable and entirely without sympathy for a guest's plight...the entire stay was spooky and after all of this, I had a frightened feeling that made sleep close to impossible (I only stayed because my credit card company was sending a replacement to the hotel and I had already been here a week and would be checking out in 3 days). As mentioned, I'm in hotels over 70% of the year, I'm a good guest and a smart traveller. There are several other suite hotels to choose from in the area, and I will stay at those places on my next visit for business - if you're reading this - think about doing the same. I am a Candlewood fan and stay at these hotels and Staybridge Suites on a regular basis in other towns and love them (I'm a platinum member at this group of hotels). I'll give the hotel a thumbs up to Alyssa at the front desk - she appears to be sincere - everyone else I encountered - not so much. A huge disappointment after my stays at other hotels of the same brand.

Room Tip: just don't stay here...
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear takeoffitaly,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us, we are always keen to hear our guests thoughts. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

If I would have stayed here just overnight, I probably would have given this place a 4 or 5, but unfortunately the flaws mounted up over time. Stayed four days in a suite.

Pros - Very nice and friendly staff; Big room; pretty comfortable bed (8/10); nice to have two TVs and different options to sit on; nice setup if you want to have small private business meetings in your room.; Lots of convenient and easy-to-reach plugs; Heating and cooling worked fast and didn't need to keep cycling.

Meh - spartan but serviceable toiletries; water pressure was fairly low (4/10); fridge was pretty noisy; bit of burnt plastic smell when you run the heat; the store they have instead of vending machines is a bit overpriced, much like vending machines, and the selection is not much better.

Cons - Had to kill a bunch of bugs in my room starting from day one - mosquito, spider, some small thin silver bug, this is a big pet peeve with me; this place is just as pricey as nearby suites that offer free breakfast and daily housekeeping and are also very new; poor to fair sound insulation - I could hear enough highway traffic noise to make it somewhat difficult to get to sleep (in fairness, I can tell they tried to put in some soundproofing, but the hotel is very close to the freeway, and I've stayed at similarly located hotels that had better soundproofing), TV from room next to me, and talking and doorbells in the hall; Wi-Fi was painfully slow most of the time.

The hotel also got notably more noisy towards the weekend - worse Wi-Fi, more middle of the night door slamming, loud talking in the halls and out in the parking lot (which I could hear even on the 4th floor). But overall, the hotel was acceptable and I would consider staying again. The front desk was super friendly in a genuine way, and greeted me every time I even walked in and out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear mutelorelei,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept my sincerest apology for the over all issues you had during your stay. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M