“This was the best hotel that I have ever stayed out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Texarkana

Candlewood Suites Texarkana
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“This was the best hotel that I have ever stayed out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

When I first walked into this hotel, the atmosphere was great. The staff there were amazing.
Everyone had friendly faces and very respectful attitudes. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and she knew her hotel very well and that made me feel very comfortable. When I got to my room it was very spacious and clean. It was like I was the first person to ever stay in this hotel. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and I slept like a baby. I do a lot of traveling and I know for a fact whenever I stay in this area I will not stay in another hotel. On their small pillows it says "Comforts of Home" well that is exactly what I got. Also I took my dog with me on this trip and I was very happy to see that they were pet friendly, and when i say pet friendly that's exactly what they are. The front desk as well as housekeeping spoke to my dog as if they knew him for a long time. They werent afraid of him and made him feel at home as well. I just love this place!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank jane m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I got a honeymoon package the night we got married as we couldn't leave town for our actual honeymoon until the following day. It was worth the money spent; A spotlessly clean and spacious room, nice big comfy bed...they even had wine chilled for us with rose petals and candles. We loved the jacuzzi tub, too.
The next day though, we were loading the car when suddenly our key didnt work. We went to the front desk to have it reprogrammed and the black lady working the counter sighed hard and shook her head saying that our checkout was in an hour and a half. I thought...how rude! We are very courteous,friendly and patoent and its not like we were complaining or anything! We just needed to get the rest of our things! As we walked off from retrieving our key from her she called down the hall AGAIN that we were supposed to check out soon. She embarrassed us and we would never go back there!

• Stayed September 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meylix
Murphysboro, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Newer hotel the place was extremely clean and modern. The room was comfortable. It is designed for extended stay and therefore expects you to prepare your own meals. We were so impressed we booked another one in Austin Texas for a weekend. The only complaint I had was the Girl at the desk would have rather been on unemployment than pulled away from the boy she was talking to. Her guest services skills were non existent. Not really a shot at the hotel, they will get rid of her eventually.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Would you belive that in an effort to go green this hotel has motion detectors in the rooms? After working at my desk for 15-20 minutes I found out the answer was YES! Did you ever try to do business work and get up every time the lights went out to move around so they would come back on! After several complaints they FINALLY disconeected the motion detector! You get waht you pay for I guess.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ppijacki
Fort Bliss,TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

My family and I were traveling to Bliss and we were looking for a decent hotel to get a good nights rest and that also accepted pets.Well Candlewood hit the nail on the head. When I came in my room it was awesome no complaints.We also got a military discount. The room was clean and the hotel is close to restaraunts and shopping.My kids were dissappointed that we were only staying one night. Thumbs up Candlewood.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank sgoodwin1204
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

My usual hotel in Texarkana is no longer on the company's prefer list. So travel department personnel booked me at Candlewood for 10 days, which I agreed since the nightly rate is right at the per diem.
The location is easy to find. In fact, it's right off I-30 highway.
After a long day of flight and drive from Little Rock, I couldn't wait to check in, clean up and go to sleep. As soon as I pulled the sheet cover to get in bed I smell the odor from the bed and pillow. And I kept hearing tracker trailers running on the highway.
To my surprised no one clean my room for the next 3 days. No fresh tower, nothing.
I switched hotel.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank mhd114
Brownwood, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

We stayed one night and that was enough of that bed. We had to go get extra pillows and the sheets were so thin you could read a newspaper thru them. It was a toss up which was harder the bed or the floor. We had an accessible room and it had a bathtub to try and climb in and out of to take a shower. The room was clean and well equiped with cheap furniture but since the place is new everything worked. We were on the second floor and we only heard the people above us two or three times.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple