“Business trip”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Business trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed here several times. I have noticed lately that things seem to be going down hill. Must have had a chnage of Management. Property was very dirty from Carpets in halls to floors and elevators. The first morning I had to clean all the hairs out of my shower be fore I could take one my self. The people are nice but they do need a new cleaning crew or just get one it seems they do not have anybody. Breakfast area dirty also. The rate is satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express & Suites during your visits to Texarkana, Texas. However, I am a bit concerned with your review. I have managed this hotel since 2009, I still have a lot of the staff that was here when I started, along with some great additions to our team. Our housekeeping supervisor has been with us since 2009 and has received several awards for her and our team’s outstanding housekeeping services.

Our maintenance team routinely shampoos our carpets and our elevators are cleaned daily. We strive on a daily basis to make our hotel your home away from home.

I noticed that your review location says Texarkana, Arkansas and there is another Holiday Inn Express located about 3 miles east of us on I-30. Not sure if you possibly could have our hotels confused or not but even if so I would love to have you come back to stay with us during your next trip to Texarkana, our treat! If this review is in fact for our location we want to redeem ourselves in your eyes!!

Please contact me directly at 903.223.0008 ext. 193 to make your next reservation to redeem your FREE night!!

I look forward to hearing from you soon!!

Ashley James
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Texarkana, Texas
Central Mall Area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

After a long drive, my husband was tired and not feeling very well. We needed rest and recuperation, and that's what we got at the Texarkana HI Express. We set the navigation system on our car and found the place with no difficulty. We were well received and the clerk gave us a coupon for items from the pantry, instead of a goodie bag. That was better, we got to choose what we wanted. We had a very good night's sleep there. My husband felt refreshed and ready to go on with our trip the next day.
Like the previous reviewer, I appreciated the refrigerator with freezer. We have a medication that requires refrigeration and the freezer helped ensure that our ice packs stayed frozen as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texarkana, Texas! One of our many goals is to ensure that all of our guest get a good nights rest so they wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead of them!! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are passing through.

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to tell us and everyone else how great your stay was!!
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stopped late one night on my way back to Dallas from Ohio, wanted a convenient, good hotel to stay in and this Holiday Inn Express does not disappoint. Room was clean, floor quiet, bed lovely, and had great amenities - including being one of the few hotels left with freezers in the refrigerators (necessary for long-distance travelers). I'm not a breakfast person, but the bar looked well attended too. There were few protein choices, however.

Be sure to use your GPS to get here - with all the new shopping, interstate access ramps, this hotel can be difficult to find.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texarkana, Texas! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'm glad to know that you appreciated the refrigerator with the freezer in your room. All of our rooms come with that amenity because like you said, it is very convenient for our guest to have the option to utilize it if needed.

We hope that if you are back in our area you will be staying with us again!!
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our second stay here. Once again, it was very clean and featured a great breakfast including fresh pancakes from the cool pancake maker. Comfy bed too. Love the convenience to Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us again!! We want all of our guest to return, that means we're doing something right!! Hope to see you again soon!! Take care and Happy New Year!
Okinawa-shi, Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was traveling from Tennessee to Texas and I needed a hotel to stay for the night. I chose the Holiday Inn Suites because I wanted to rest in a quality hotel. The hotel is gorgeous, clean, staff is amazing, and the bed was a dream come true. I recommend this hotel if you're passing by and need to sleep soundly.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Martillo20lbs
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texarkana, Texas!!! We love hearing great reviews from our guest!! Please come back and see us next time you find yourself in our area!!
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I called late at night from on the road and was given an excellent rate on a room. I went upstairs to find, much to my delight, a suite! Deliciously soft sheets, a selection of pillows, good breakfast hours/food. I wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2013
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texarkana, Texas!! I'm am so glad to hear that your stay was so delightful! We hope that you will be able to come back and stay with us again soon and hopefully for a little longer :-)
Goddard, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our 4th night in a Holiday Inn Express on a recent road trip. This was by far the nicest one and had GREAT water pressure in the shower! Everything was clean and comfortable, the only complaint was we were on the ground floor next to an outside entrance - the door was used a lot through the night with a room shaking slam each time it shut.

Room Tip: Get a location away from an outside entrance. The slamming door kept waking us up all night!