“Great Stay”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Republic
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were in for one night for a wedding. The hotel was very nice. Rooms were clean, even though we were checking in early in the day. Front desk was very nice and efficient. The breakfast had a lot of choices but we were in a hurry so we didn't eat. Location is near the mall and there are restaurants nearby. Location is near the highway so access was convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ExpressGM75503, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We wanted to thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself! You mentioned that you had to leave early and was not able to enjoy our breakfast. I wanted to let you know that we are now adding a breakfast sandwich to our menu for our hotel. So, when you come back to see us, if you have to leave early let us know and we will make sure that you have something to take with you!!

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon!

Ashley James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
WI
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Texarkana for one night while we were waiting for the InterState paperwork to go through on the infant we adopted in Texas. We explained our situation, that we were pretty certain we'd be getting a call on Friday (after 1 night stay) that the paperwork was completed so that we could leave the state and head home. We requested a late checkout and they said we could extend until 2pm without cost. My husband went to the front desk at 1pm and again explained the situation and they said they wouldn't budge, that 2pm was all they could do without charging us an extra night because that was when housekeeping left so they couldn't re-rent our room. At 1:54pm we got the call that we could leave and quickly packed up and headed out - even feeding our baby in the lobby so we wouldn't tie the room up. I think we were out by 2:15, maybe 2:30 at the absolute latest and I KNOW they cleaned and re-rented our room that day because there were 3 housekeepers waiting outside our door when we left. The lady at the front desk said that we were out in time and would NOT be charged for the extra night. But the second night appeared on our credit card bill anyway. We've called twice and spoken with the manager and explained and they won't budge. I'm a priority club member and have stayed MANY nights in the Holiday Inn chain and I would expect far better customer service than this. Nice hotel but AWFUL customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ExpressGM75503, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I would like to start this response to your review with my sincerest apology. Your review is the first that I have heard of any issues you experienced while staying with us. I do believe that I remember you leaving with your beautiful baby. If I recall correctly you were leaving and our Front Desk Supervisor stopped you and ask to see the baby and I heard her going on about how sweet he was. I came out of my office and got to see him right before you left. If this is not correct I again apologize.

I am so sorry that your request for an extended check-out was not honored. The only reason I could imagine your request not being honored would be if we did not have any other rooms available and we were sold out. Our staff usually goes above and beyond to take care of our guest and fill any and all request no matter how big or small the request may be.

In regards to your credit card being charged, I would like to look into this further for you. If I do find that you were in fact charged for the 2nd night I will be more than happy to remove the additional night charge for you.

Since I do not have a name on here to go by if you will contact me directly I would love to speak with you and hopefully turn some of this around for the better. I hate that you were here for such a special time and you have such a negative memory of our staff. You can contact me directly at 903-223-0008 ext 193.

I look forward to hearing back from you hopefully soon!!

Herrin, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is one of the best Holiday Inn Express properties that my husband and I have visited. Everything about this hotel was terrific. Check in was efficient with complete information about the hotel given by the staff, the hallways and common areas were very clean, and the room was spotless and well appointed with everything we needed for our overnight stop. There was a variety of breakfast items and the attendant kept the food area and tables wiped down and clean.
There are several restaurants close by and access from the interstate was easy. We would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cubfan44
ExpressGM75503, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texarkana, Texas. We love hearing from our guest about how their stay was. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning if you find yourself in our area again!!

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great new hotel. Front desk staff are top notch and just waiting to meet any need that arises. I will go out of my way to stay here. Lots of good restaurants in the area also. some times they have maintenance and house keeping issues but that doesn't keep me from coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to follow up with you and tell you "Thanks" for taking the time to let us and the rest of the world know about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texarkana, Texas.

You mentioned that the Front Desk staff is top notch and ready to assist if any needs arise. I have shared your review with my team and your comments made them feel great! They are dedicated to ensuring that our guest are taken care of and feel that their needs matter while staying with us. They truly want each and every guest to leave our hotel with nothing but a memory of a positive experience. The same is true for the entire staff from our breakfast host to our maintenance department; they love their jobs and love taking care of our guest!!

We look forward to seeing you in the future!!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Came through Texarkana for a funeral and booked at the last minute. We booked a two-room, two-bed suite and were very pleased with the amount of space afforded us. We used a hotel crib for our 12-mo-old and the layout of the room helped us keep him and his three-yr-old brother to their sleep schedules. Spacious bathroom and a very convenient (and kid-friendly) breakfast spread! There were plenty of restaurants nearby (only one within walking distance though) and a mall and Target were close too - very convenient when traveling with little ones.

Room Tip: If traveling with an infant, go ahead and spend the extra ten bucks for a two-room suite. It makes l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to give us your honest opinion on how your stay was with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guest!

We are very sorry for your loss and hope that while traveling for the reason you were that your stay with us made your trip at least a little more pleasurable.

We hope that if you find yourself back in Texarkana that you and your family will come back and stay with us again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Texarkana, Texas!!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is nice. We had a suite and it had plenty of room. The hotel was clean and the employees were very pleasant.
The breakfast bar was less than what we expected. But that's okay.
There was no way to control the AC/Heat. It was either "on" of "off" and the room would get to hot and when we turned the thermostat down then the heat went off and the room would get cold.
I hate cold.

Room Tip: this hotel is basicly across the parking lot from Olive Garden and Outback Steakhouse. The mall is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It’s guest like you that allow us to make our hotel even better!! We apologize for the A/C and want you to know that our maintenance team has serviced the unit in that room to ensure that this issue does not arise with our future guest!

We hope that when you find yourself back in our area you will give us another try!!

Hope to see you back soon!

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2013

You will not regret staying at this Holiday Inn! I stay at Holiday Inn's all over, and this is by far the best one I've been to. The room was extremely clean, the hotel's appearance and smell was like it was brand new. By far the best part of the experience was the customer service. The asst manager Hannah was extremely courteous and helpful, the whole staff was cheerful and upbeat. Customer service is my business and this staff knows how to provide it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WOW!! What an awesome review!! We wanted to take a moment and say Thank You!! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest feedback!! Our goal is to have every guest that stays with us walking out of our doors feeling the same way you did! So, thanks again, we look forward to seeing you again hopefully soon!!