“Thanks.... I think”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Houston, Texas
“Thanks.... I think”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I ended up having to stay in Texarkana,TX due to a change in schedule. The front desk was prompt and courteous about getting an available room.

After my program I went in and checked in and was not exactly excited. The hotel must of been great back in 1982 when it might have opened. The bed was decent and the bathroom only had a shower with that nasty plastic sliding door. I was happy that they at least had a flat-screen TV but to my surprise they didn't have Spanish language TV channels. Grrrr =(

In general... I did get a good nights sleep and got a simple decent breakfast, it just wasn't exactly spectacular. So take it for what its worth. I think next time I might just drive a couple of hours to stay in a new modern hotel. Or IHG or its manager would do well by just upgrading the hotel all-together please!!!!

Room Tip: On Richmond there are plenty of good local and fast food restaurants if you dont want the Olive Gard...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ExpressGM75503, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! I appreciate you letting us know that our Guest Service Representatives were prompt and courteous in providing you with a room.

Our hotel was built and opened in 2008; our entire staff works very hard on a daily basis to ensure the upkeep and appearance of our property. I understand that not everyone has the same taste when it comes to decor and I am sorry that you did not like the dark cherry wood throughout the hotel, granite countertops and warm inviting colors. Also, thank you for bringing to our attention the lack of Spanish language TV channels. I will certainly pass this information along and see if there can be something done about that.

We are glad that you were able to get a good nights sleep and a hot breakfast. We hope that your experience will not keep you from staying with us again if you find yourself back in our area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us.

Ashley James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Erie, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here twice on our way into Austin Texas, the rooms were well appointed and clean. The staff were both efficient and courteous. The breakfast selection was the standard for traveling hotels, we did try the automatic pancake machine which as a concept is brilliant but the pancake did taste as though they had just come of hot rollers of a laser photocopier.

Stayed November 2012
ExpressGM75503, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed staying with us not only once, but two times!! Our entire team here at Holiday Inn Express Central mall Area, takes pride in being able to make you feel at home while you are away from home!

We are glad that you were able to try our newest addition to our Express Start Breakfast Bar. The pancake machine has been a really big hit with the guest so far. We appreciate you giving us your honest feedback and we will defiantly pass your feedback on. Hopefully, the next time you are able to try the pancake machine you will have a better experience.

We hope that when you find yourself back in our area we will see you again!!!

Baytown
Reviewed November 13, 2012

For some unknown reason our reservations made through Holiday Inn corporate were actually for a different Holiday Inn than the address they gave us. When we showed up late that evening, the manager figured out the problem and worked with the other hotel to keep us from having to backtrack 20 miles. They were very courteous and helpful and upgraded our rooms for our trouble. The accommodations were excellent, and what could have been somewhat of a disaster turned into a pleasurable experience. I give them a 10.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to let not only Holiday Inn Express Central Mall Area know about your visit but also the rest of the guest that may be planning a trip to our hotel!! We truely value our guest and want to make everyone that stays with us feel as if they are staying with their "extended family"!!

My AGM, Hannah, was the manager on duty that you dealt with during your check in and I will make sure that she knows just how much she helped in making your stay a great one!!

If you find yourselves back in our area please come back and stay with us!!

Again, thank you so very much for your honest feed back!!

Ephraim, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel felt like a luxury property. The rooms and common areas are very clean. I loved the 'small touches', like a roomy bathroom, shower cap and toiletries. The breakfast provided was an upgrade from typical hotel fare. Everything is designed for a guest's comfort. The location was great. I did not have a vehicle while in town and I was able to walk to the shopping area and restaurants. This is my second visit to Texarkana but the first to this hotel. When visiting again, I will definitely return to this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ExpressChampion75503, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, August 21, 2016

Hunter E
Guest Relations Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while passing through. The room was a bit more than other Holiday Inn's in the area but it was a nice property. The front desk person was very helpful and made us feel like family. We like the place. Breakfast was acceptable.

• Stayed October 2012
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great hotel, great people, great attention to detail. Clean, comfortable rooms. The best place to stay while travelling to Texarkana area for business travel. Excellent location - I 30 East and shares a parking lot with Central Mall and restaurants within walking distance. Well lit parking and common areas. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor, just off lobby - very quiet and convenient to all hotel amenities.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here while travleing on business. When entering the lobby you defintely realize this is a higher end hotel. I didn't know HI Express had places like this. Impressive decor, quality appointments throughout including the rooms and the professional and friendly staff to match. Check-in was quick with knowlegeable and very personable staff. The room was immaculate and very nicely appointed. Bed was great. This hotel also has a great location with good restaurants and shopping within an easy walk or very short drive. IF I were to find a fault, and it's a minor one, the breakfast didn't quite match the classy atmosphere of this hotel. I would definitely reccommend this hotel and stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business