“Top notch!!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Terrell
Tampa, Florida
“Top notch!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I did not know the area at all, but this hotel was recommended and I'm glad I stayed there! The staff went way above and beyond in being helpful, friendly, and willing to do whatever. The rate was very reasonable, the room a nice size and the air conditioner worked GREAT. (It was over 100 degrees, so that was important).

Everything about the property was clean and well maintained. It was a very safe environment and good value (with the AAA discount). Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
thisterrellhotelroc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We strive to be the most friendly staff you will ever encounter! We hope to meet all of your expectations and needs. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. We take pride in our staff and every kind word is sure to help motivate our team to what we strive to be. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are very pleased you chose our location over any others and we hope you can visit us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Athens, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend & I paid cash for my room and found out today that I have a pending charge of $50 on my debit card from this hotel. They told me at check in that my debit card would not be charged unless there was something wrong with the room once I checked out (the $50 charge was placed at the time of my check in). Also, the bed was probably the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MC C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear MC C,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We held our wedding reception party in the meeeting room back in January. The employees were helpful and willing to work with me on several items. You get what you pay for, this was a nice room for a nice price. I would recommend this place for anyone holding an event.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback. We are pleased that you chose our hotel to hold your event. We know that there are many hotels you could choose from and you chose ours. We want to thank you for generous comments about our employees and the property. We really appreciate that. We like to take the positive notes to relay to our staff to praise them for a job well done. Our philosophy is the guests are our number one priority. We are glad to hear positive comments from you regarding the staff, and the property in general. We hope to see you again in the future.

west central Louisiana
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel is easily accessed from the interstate. I spent one night at this hotel. It was very average. Not really anything special...the room was clean, but a little worn. There was a lot of space between the king side bed and the window, which was nice. There was a desk, chair, ottoman, and large television. The bathroom was plain and although it was clean, it showed wear. The room was on the fourth floor. The breakfast was decent--omelettes, bread/muffins, cereal, yogurt--the typical fare. I don't have overly high expectations, but the room cost me over $170. and just was not anything special. It was the weekend of Canton's flea market, so I am guessing that is why it was higher than usual. People at the desk were cordial but not informative...I think it is better when they give out information that people usually want to know--what time breakfast is served, where the pool is located, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank susannjay
We want to thank you for your recent trip to Terrell, Texas and staying at the Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate your honest feedback and we apologize for not meeting your expectations. All feedback is greatly appreciated in order to provide proper training to the staff . Again we want to thank choosing to stay at our hotel and we hope that you will return to our hotel and give us another try.

Port Neches
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Good location, free breakfast did not eat the breakfast but there is a IHOP in walking distance from the hotel. Outlet Mall across the street. Room was very clean and spacious. Would stay here again. About 30 minutes from Canton and Dallas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jodie M
good location, free breakfast did not eat the breakfast but there is a IHOP in walking distance from the hotel. Outlet Mall across the street. Room was very clean and spacious. Would stay here again. About 30 minutes from Canton and Dallas.

Thank you very much for the feedback. We are pleased that you chose our hotel for your visit. We know there are many hotels you could choose from and you chose Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Terrell, Texas. We are pleased to hear that you liked your room and the location and we hope to see you again in the future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stopped here on our way through Texas. It was conveniently located off I-20. The room was large, clean and quiet. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable, but we also had been on the road for 12 hours. We were not sure we would make it that far, so I did not make an online reservation. This was unfortunate as we had to pay more by waiting until we were checking in. I will try to avoid that in the future. The breakfast was very good. I always like being able to get breakfast before heading out rather than having to stop along the way.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor, which may have made it quieter. We took the stairs as the elevator w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gmayfie
I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Terrell, TX. We know there are plenty of choices and you came to see us at the Holiday Inn Express. Your feedback is very generous and we thank you for the feedback. We value your response on the breakfast and we are glad that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again in the future.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Pros:
1. Free breakfast
2. Directly off the freeway
3. Spacious room
4. Hair dryer and coffee maker in the room
5. Very quiet
6. Friendly and available front desk staff
7. Plenty of parking
8. Neighborhood felt safe

Cons:
1. The sheets felt dirty. I can't prove that they were, but there was no starchy clean feeling. They felt and smelled like someone had already slept in the bed.
2. Breakfast didn't look very appetizing. But it was free! Beggars can't be choosers.
3. The air conditioner was crazy LOUD! It woke me up everytime it would turn on in the night.
4. The gym is super tiny and several of the work out machines didn't even turn on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kate J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrell
La Quinta Inn Terrell
Super 8 Terrell
#7 of 8 in Terrell
Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell? Share your experiences!