“Good visit with friends”

Carmona's Tex-Mex and Cantina
Ranked #50 of 78 Restaurants in Terrell
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good visit with friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

All in all, the food was average. I am sure you can find better Tex-Mex in Terrell. It was convenient to where I stayed.

Visited March 2012

Royse City, Texas
“Not so great food-”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I didn't care for the food myself... even the queso isn't the greatest.

Terrell, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I cook better Mexican Food than this...I'm not Hispanic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and I have been here before when it was good...the food is just not good anymore .... I cook better mexican food than this and I'm not Hispanic. They also raised the prices, the food took a dive.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Liz H
Forney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dirty. This place has gone downhill. Won't be back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

We've been going to Carmona's for the last 8 years, and have enjoyed it as a great alternative - there aren't a whole lot of restaurants out this way. It's sad to see a place go downhill, but it happens.

Everything we experienced today indicated Dirty. I can put up with a bad experience with service, but when the place is dirty, there's no going back.

There were 4 empty salsa cups on the table - each one was warm - as if it just came out of the dishwasher - but there were specs of food in each. We unrolled our napkins and looked at the silverware - smudges of brown beans. I asked for replacement silverware because they were dirty, and the waitress brought another. Unrolled it and there was rice stuck in the fork. About that time my wife felt something crawl over her foot.

I walked to the kitchen, handed back the dirty silverware, and we were on our way to the restaurant down the street.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Dale W
Terrell, Texas
“bad tasting bland food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

thought it was going to be good cause we saw a lot of vehicles in the parking lot, and i'm not one to leave a bad review, but not only did our meal taste bad, it was very bland. The worse food i have ever eaten at a mexican restaurant. i am so surprised that a mexican restaurant in texas could be so bad.

• Visited September 2011