“Great Certification and Refresh Location”

Clear Springs Scuba Park
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Clear Springs Scuba Park is the closest lake/spring to the Dallas Metroplex that is set up totally for Scuba Diving. I utilize this park 2-4 times a year to certify my dive students and am happy with their facilities and service.

This park has camping and RV facilities for those that wish to stay during the course of the weekend. There are portable toilets scattered throughout the park, and a fully functional men and women's toilet/shower facility near the entrance.

It is a cash only facility, so make sure you have this on hand upon entering. The staff will check you in for either a class, personal visit, or camping.

Air fills are available on site, along with rental gear. It is always best to call ahead if you are trying to arrive early or late, or have special accommodations that need to be met. I find the owner Robert very pleasant if you take the time to chat with him, have your group follow the rules of the park, and not abuse the facilities on site.

Visibility varies widely from the spring to fall. In the spring when the water is cooler, you can expect upwards of 30' vis. In late summer and fall after the algae blooms, the vis will drop down to 5-10 feet.

There are ample platforms around the lake for your training dives, and plenty of things to see to refresh your skills. There are plenty of things to see while you are here including Cisco the shark, boats, and an aircraft training fuselage. They are preparing to sink another large boat this summer.

Expect the park to be crowded, since this is really the best facility near Dallas for certifications. The large dive shops do have dedicated shelters, and they pay for this privilege with the amount of students they have out at the lake each weekend.

There are plenty of open shelters, and arriving at 7:30AM Saturday morning, or setting up on Friday night before the weekend can ensure that you end up with your desired location. I have shared shelters with many shops before, you just have to ask.

www.clearspringsscubapark.com

2  Thank DeepBlueDives

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I've been here several times. The staff is generally tolerable although they aren't the friendliest. My main concern with the place really isn't the staff it's the other guests. Last time I went it was over crowded and the other dive classes were extremely rude. Other guests act like certain areas of the park are theirs. If you need to use the restroom you can count on someone beating on the door 10 seconds after you lock the door.

A park like this has the potential to make great profits and be a great place to go. Some suggestions I'd have would be to remove the porto potties and build small bathrooms with septic systems (nobody likes using a porto potty and in the long run it would be cheaper on them). They should have a max occupancy for divers at the park; of course they shouldn't count spectators, etc. because they don't really take up lake space.

The staff acts almost like the staff at a government office. They think you HAVE to be there so they just kind of "deal" with you. At a place like this, staff should be riding around on golf carts asking if you need any tanks filled and just visiting with clients.

4  Thank Trey B
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We went on a family dive week-end with hopes of having a great time. These people did everything in their powers to see that, that did not happen.
Because there were 9 of us we were arriving in seperate cars. One carload of our group got lost, and would be arriving after 8:00. They were informed they would have to turn around and go home, come back the next morning. They have rules and gates are locked at 8:00.
One member of our party had a service dog. Well trained and stays with her most of the time. They do not allow pets. We explained that the dog, was not just a pet, but a service animal.
trained and certified. And after much talking, and reminding them that they cannot discriminate because of this service animal, they reluctantly let them in. Later in the day they were walking the dog, on a leash, when one of the six dogs that roam the property became upset at the service animal the owner Robert, informed them that this was not working out , and the dog could not be out of the campsite.
We stayed in a trailer on the property. That was nice, but not anything to brag about. Could have been cleaned Because of all the trouble about the dog, two people only stayed 1 night and were never offered a refund.
We had problems with the carbon monoxide detector, and the man had no idea how to fix it. It just kept going off. Finally it just wore the battery out.
Also on Sunday after just about everyone had left the park, part of our group decided to do 1 last dive, and left 2 people on the surface. Robert came by and yelled at them that there was no swimming, when they explained that they were snorkeling he informed them that if they were not out of the park in 10 minutes, he was calling the police.
Robert could use a course in customer service. It seems like all they want is to take your money, lay down a lot of rules, and be liable for nothing. I understand rules, but the rules should apply to everyone.
It seems strange to me that anyone would charge people just to observe.
You have to sign your life away to get in the park. They have everything excluding them from any liability at all.
I would never go back to this place, and I am boycotting this place and will tell my friends, and family to do the same.
Robert told us over and over again WE HAVE RULES, AND THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY.
So basically if you don't like it tough luck and get the hell out of here.

8  Thank AndersonL_12
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The scuba park is located just outside of Dallas and is fairly busy on weekends. I visited on a Sunday and most of the spots where taken. As I was from overseas I needed Tank & weights from the rental facility on site. I had to wait for over 45min for someone to turn-up to the rental place, even though it's supposed to be open when the park is. I was told by the people at the entrance that someone will turn up in a few minutes...but it took over 45 min. The lake itself was fairly good with about 10ft of visibility. It was too crowded though. The place would be nice with less people. I was planning on doing 3 dives but had to settle with 2 as it took so long to get my tank filled up again

1  Thank MickeS_fi