“Terrell La Quinta Inn”

La Quinta Inn Terrell
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Terrell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My stay was brief as I just needed a room to sleep for a few hours. However, the bed was comfortable & the room was spacious. You could tell the hotel had been remodeled. In the early morning (5:30ish) I could hear people talking - not sure if they were in their rooms or in the hallway. It would be nice if they had an elevator to help when taking luggage to & from the room.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Goombagirl1
La Quinta I, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Terrell, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn for your stay while in Terrell, TX. The rooms have been recently renovated into more of a modern atmosphere. We are pleased to hear that the room was spacious and you enjoyed the comfort of the accommodations. Next time you are in the Terrell area we look forward to seeing you and the front desk will be glad to help with any luggage assistance needed. We would also like to thank you for taking the time for writing the review for La Quinta Inn in Terrell, TX.
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was very surprised when I arrived at this hotel. It was very clean, well maintained and the staff was very friendly! I was there for a class at a local hospital for my job and I couldn't have been more pleased with the room, hotel or location. I was in a room on the first level near the pool and it was very quiet. Usually I am a light sleeper when away from home, but i slept like a baby. Internet service was fantastic, never had a problem. If I am ever in this area gain, I would be sure to stay here! Oh and Starbuck's next door is a real plus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lorieemt03
LQTerrellTX, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Terrell, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn for your stay in Terrell, TX. We are glad to hear that you were very pleased with the room, the appearance of the hotel and the friendly staff. Thank you for your time on writing the review for the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future for your stay while in Terrell, TX.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a newly renovated hotel and the rooms are nice and cozy along with very comfortable beds. They do a really good job here and a Starbucks is right next door! The breakfast is adequate but could use a little more items.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank Mike G
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Nothing worst than enjoying a movie/ show and all a sudden no cable. Your in a hotel room what else are you suppose to do??
I've stayed at other Lq s and they leave the coffee pots out for late risers in the morning. I can understand putting everything else up on the breakfast bar but come on the coffee. Give us a break.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mero1234
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I love La Quinta and will almost always choose it before any other motel, but this trip has made me think twice, when we checked in the guy at the front was really friendly and helpful everything after that was a disaster. I was really glad that the whole place was 100% smoke free, I had my 1 1/2 year old with me and didn't want the smell of stale smoke filling her lungs.
As soon as we entered the room we were met by the strong smell of chemicals, I don't know what it was, it didn't smell like cleaning supplies and it wasn't fun to linger in.. I got a room with 2 beds knowing that my sister my stay over late and need a bed but my daughter fell off the bed twice and hit her head on the wall. First thing in the morning I went out to ask the staff for a room with a King bed so my daughter wasn't seriously injured, I was met by an older lady who just had me stand at the front desk for about 10 minutes, I thought she was going to get the person that worked at the front desk but she just stood there doing her own thing. Come to find out she was working the front desk, I told her what happened and asked for a room with a King bed, she didn't seem interested at all! She didn't even look at the computer before telling me there were none available, and gave me major attitude in doing so.. I don't understand why, I came up very friendly and didn't even complain when she said no, I went outside and looked at the parking lot, there wasn't very many cars and that didn't change at night time, I honestly think she didn't want to put in the effort to change the room.
When we got back to our room that night I moved my bed to the wall, with little effort and feeling much better knowing my daughter would be safe. The next day when housekeeping came by they moved it back, no biggie I understand they had to and felt a little bad that they had to do it, I had planned on moving it back myself. But I moved it back again that night not thinking much of it, I called the front desk in the morning for a late check out and the lady abruptly told me we could heck out at 11:30 instead of 11, normally you get an hour for a late check out but I figured they were busy so I understood, thanked the woman and hung up. I was surprised when the phone started ringing again and she was calling me back to yell at me! She asked if we had moved the bed again, and I explained again that my daughter fell off the bed and I needed to keep her safe and I had asked for a room with a king bed but they didn't have one, I let her know I would move the bed back no problem. She scoffed at me and rudely said not to worry about it and she would send staff back to do it and followed with "You WILL be out of here by 11:30 because we gave you 30 extra minutes!". Seriously?! I don't understand where all of her attitude came from, I manage a restaurant and had one of my staff talked to a customer in that way they would not have a job! If you can't talk to customers professionally you don't need to be in this business. And I wasn't anything but polite and friendly to this woman the whole time!

On top of the rude staff we had no hot water for showers and the breakfast, which wasn't that great to begin with, was constantly out of half of the things that should have been there..

This motel cost more than most of the others surrounding it and was definitely not worth it!!

Room Tip: I would choose a room at a different motel.