“Recommend to all---and I am hard to please.”

La Quinta Inn Terrell

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Awesome warm staff. Deepak is helping the owners for a few months and made our stay awesome.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank boulderrohini
Reviewed October 10, 2011

non smoking room smelled like wet fireplace. Change to room on second floor, but no elevator so carried luggage up flight of stairs. Breakfast was a broken waffle machine, cold coffee, some cereal but milk unrefrigerated. Staffing was preoccupied unconcerned about guests. We stay in Terrell about every six weeks for one night. LAST TIME HERE....Stayed September 2011.

Room Tip: avoid, no elevators to second floor and do not enforce non smoking in rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rocknout_11
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This La Quinta was clean but its had its better days. Front desk was busy visiting with someone when we arrived. He hurriedly got my paperwork done handed us the keys and was done quickly so he could go back to his conversation he had going with his buddy . No elevator, no vending machines besides the one soft drink one , and no workout room . If You don't mind staying at an older La Quinta ,,,,this one will do . The room was not worth the rate I paid for the first night ..the second I got for $63 and that was what it was worth.

Room Tip: Bring snacks because if you're craving a candy bar your 'e out of luck .
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrssmith41
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed at this La Quinta while visiting family near Terrell. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff, particularly the owners, were polite and helpful. The continental breakfast was simple, but adequate (the coffee was decent, which was a plus). High speed internet worked OK, though was slow on occasion. I am a frequent traveler and I have stayed in more expensive 'budget' hotels which were much less pleasant. The next time I visit my family in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Dbl-rooms don't have fridge; King-rooms do.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank EdSz_65
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We were moving across the country, staying at all La Quinta Inns because they are pet friendly. Originally, we had planned on going further to a LQ in Lindale, TX, but due to a traffic jam around the Dallas/Forth Worth area, and a 12 hour drive, we stopped at the first LQ we saw in Terrell, TX, which was a nightmare. We should have kept on going.  I was so thirsty that I went to the bathroom to get water from the sink, something I don't usually do. I opened one of the wrapped cups, not looking at it, drank the water and immediately started to vomit (sorry).  I looked at the cup and the bottom was full of mold.  I told my husband to take to the front desk and show him and he didn't even apologize, just handed my husband another cup from a closet.  As an afterthought I should have kept the cup and mailed it with a letter to the CEO of LQ so that he would see it for himself. It was a disgrace. The internet connections in the desk outlets were dead and when we went for breakfast in the morning, that added to my disgust.  There was NO regular coffee, just hot water and decaf.  Another hotel guest asked the woman working for regular coffee. She didn't seem to give a care that there was no coffee and in no hurry to get any for the guests. There were no hot foods, except for the hot water to make oatmeal because another guest wanted to use the waffle machine and there was no batter.  On this particular stay, we didn't even get a check out bill.  If you're ever passing through Terrell and need to stop, go somewhere other than this La Quinta.

Just a general note: This particular review does not express my ratings on other LQs, they were all great.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGentlRose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrell
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell
#7 of 8 in Terrell
Best Western Plus Christopher Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Terrell
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront

Been to La Quinta Inn Terrell? Share your experiences!