“Nothing extra here”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Terrell
Hawley, Texas
“Nothing extra here”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This La Quinta was clean but its had its better days. Front desk was busy visiting with someone when we arrived. He hurriedly got my paperwork done handed us the keys and was done quickly so he could go back to his conversation he had going with his buddy . No elevator, no vending machines besides the one soft drink one , and no workout room . If You don't mind staying at an older La Quinta ,,,,this one will do . The room was not worth the rate I paid for the first night ..the second I got for $63 and that was what it was worth.

Room Tip: Bring snacks because if you're craving a candy bar your 'e out of luck .
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrssmith41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed at this La Quinta while visiting family near Terrell. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff, particularly the owners, were polite and helpful. The continental breakfast was simple, but adequate (the coffee was decent, which was a plus). High speed internet worked OK, though was slow on occasion. I am a frequent traveler and I have stayed in more expensive 'budget' hotels which were much less pleasant. The next time I visit my family in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Dbl-rooms don't have fridge; King-rooms do.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank EdSz_65
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We were moving across the country, staying at all La Quinta Inns because they are pet friendly. Originally, we had planned on going further to a LQ in Lindale, TX, but due to a traffic jam around the Dallas/Forth Worth area, and a 12 hour drive, we stopped at the first LQ we saw in Terrell, TX, which was a nightmare. We should have kept on going.  I was so thirsty that I went to the bathroom to get water from the sink, something I don't usually do. I opened one of the wrapped cups, not looking at it, drank the water and immediately started to vomit (sorry).  I looked at the cup and the bottom was full of mold.  I told my husband to take to the front desk and show him and he didn't even apologize, just handed my husband another cup from a closet.  As an afterthought I should have kept the cup and mailed it with a letter to the CEO of LQ so that he would see it for himself. It was a disgrace. The internet connections in the desk outlets were dead and when we went for breakfast in the morning, that added to my disgust.  There was NO regular coffee, just hot water and decaf.  Another hotel guest asked the woman working for regular coffee. She didn't seem to give a care that there was no coffee and in no hurry to get any for the guests. There were no hot foods, except for the hot water to make oatmeal because another guest wanted to use the waffle machine and there was no batter.  On this particular stay, we didn't even get a check out bill.  If you're ever passing through Terrell and need to stop, go somewhere other than this La Quinta.

Just a general note: This particular review does not express my ratings on other LQs, they were all great.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AGentlRose
BrenV
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed at La Quinta Inn for 3 niights. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We ask for refrigerator for our room we had one in 5 minutes. Rooms were very clean. Other quest where quite also. We heard nothing. in our room. Staff kept place clean inside and ouside. It look very nice with all trees there. I love the palm trees by the pool. My daughter use the pool couple times a day. I would stay there again.. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. If they where passing threw in the area to stay there.. Freeway is 1/2 block from hotel.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank BrenV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terrell
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Terrell
Super 8 Terrell
Super 8 Terrell
#7 of 8 in Terrell
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront

Been to La Quinta Inn Terrell? Share your experiences!