Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great river trip

An amazing time on the Rio Grande with guides Pierce and Terry... Emily and Michelle! If you want... read more

Reviewed March 22, 2020
Timinator1960
Overnight Canoe Trip

We did an overnight canoe trip in the Santa Elena Canyon. The trip could not have been more... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
sentersue
via mobile

All reviews jeep tour river trip rio grande santa elena canyon fire pit day trip great place to stay big bend national park great trip exceeded our expectations sandwiches felt safe big bend area coffee shop could not have been more these folks awesome experience
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2018

My boyfriend and I did the Camp 360 Jeep Tour, which is 3 hours long. I called to make the reservation, which was super quick and easy. We did this trip on May 16 and our guide was named Chris and he was absolutely incredible. This tour doesn't actually go into Big Bend National Park. It is on private property in the area around Terlingua. I was initially worried because we had driven to Santa Elena Canyon the day before and thought that this would be a repeat of the same roads. Luckily this is a unique experience since it is on private land. What really made this tour so great though was our guide Chris. He was super friendly and answered any questions we had. He's incredibly knowledgeable about the local flora and wildlife and also gave us a lot of interesting information about the history of Terlingua and the modern day issues and trends. Even though you don't actually go into Big Bend, the scenery and nature is pretty much the same so we really enjoyed learning about this unique area. Terlingua itself is also a very unique town, and Chris's commentary made this trip much more meaningful. We definitely came away from this trip with a much better appreciation and understanding of the region.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Far Flung in a Casitas for 2 nights during our visit to Big Bend National Park. Great Location and the room is very well laid out. Large bathroom with plenty of hot water and towels. Nice size refrigerator and they supply glasses, bowls, plates, utensils. 2 BBQs are located outside, near the ice machine
A wonderful market is just a few miles away (go to the highway intersection, turn right and market is about a mile on the right.) Rooms are quiet, we didn't hear any cars BUT motorcycles are a different story. Those we heard. Best to bring earplugs. Overall a very enjoyable 2 night stay.

Reviewed April 28, 2018

My wife and I stayed here and also let them provide the service for all our activities. The owners and staff were the best of the best and incredibly knowledgeable. If you should choose Terlingua as a destination, you have to give these folks an opportunity. They will not disappoint.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed April 24, 2018

I planned a trip for 14 to kayak on the Rio Grand last week. From the start, Greg and his staff at Far Flung Outdoor Center in Terlingua made planning the trip a breeze. The staff picked us up on time at our campsite and took my mates and I to the put in point with no trouble. The FFOC staff were over the top friendly and very knowledgable. Most of our group was very inexperienced in this sport, yet everyone felt safe knowing the guides were always close by. I can not say enough good things about this company and the experience my mates and I had. I highly recommend FFOC to anyone who wants to float the river in the Big Bend area. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

John and Neil were awesome. They worked really hard to make sure we had a good time. It wasn’t the ritz, but for a primitive camping trip, they absolutely spoil you.

If you like scenic river and mountain views, solitude, and camping out under the stars, the three day river trip was amazing. Hopefully we will be back again for a longer trip.