“1/2 day river kayak tour”

Far Flung Outdoor Center
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Terlingua
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1974, Far Flung Outdoor Center has been helping folks discover the wonders of Big Bend National Park with quality raft trips, Jeep tours, and ATV adventures.We specialize in high quality, interpretive tours of the Big Bend, with an emphasis on great fun mingled with just the right amount of learning.We offer a wide variety of guided rafting trips on the Rio Grande River, from short, half-day family floats to 3- and 4-night overnight trips. You can also experience special themed trips such as gourmet food adventures, trips with noted Texas folk musicians, and New Year's Eve star gazing parties.Want to explore Big Bend by land? Our guided Jeep and ATV tours are a perfect way to enjoy Big Bend's scenic beauty while learning about its natural and cultural wonders.Should you need lodging for your vacation, our Big Bend Casitas offer roomy comfort, nice amenities, and a location just minutes from Big Bend National Park.We're passionate about Big Bend and enjoy showing off her many beautiful places. We can help you make the most of a future trip to Big Bend!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

LaNetta in the office was very helpful at booking us into the tour via email!
The tour was very well organised& professionally run. It was a big group but we had several guides who ran the tour well. Erica & Reed in particular gave us lots of interesting information about Big Bend & the Rio Grande.
Very enjoyable! Thanks FFOC!

2  Thank Jenny N
"ahead of time"
"spring break"
"these folks"

Reviewed May 19, 2018

My boyfriend and I did the Camp 360 Jeep Tour, which is 3 hours long. I called to make the reservation, which was super quick and easy. We did this trip on May 16 and our guide was named Chris and he was absolutely incredible. This tour doesn't actually go into Big Bend National Park. It is on private property in the area around Terlingua. I was initially worried because we had driven to Santa Elena Canyon the day before and thought that this would be a repeat of the same roads. Luckily this is a unique experience since it is on private land. What really made this tour so great though was our guide Chris. He was super friendly and answered any questions we had. He's incredibly knowledgeable about the local flora and wildlife and also gave us a lot of interesting information about the history of Terlingua and the modern day issues and trends. Even though you don't actually go into Big Bend, the scenery and nature is pretty much the same so we really enjoyed learning about this unique area. Terlingua itself is also a very unique town, and Chris's commentary made this trip much more meaningful. We definitely came away from this trip with a much better appreciation and understanding of the region.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Far Flung in a Casitas for 2 nights during our visit to Big Bend National Park. Great Location and the room is very well laid out. Large bathroom with plenty of hot water and towels. Nice size refrigerator and they supply glasses, bowls, plates, utensils. 2 BBQs are located outside, near the ice machine
A wonderful market is just a few miles away (go to the highway intersection, turn right and market is about a mile on the right.) Rooms are quiet, we didn't hear any cars BUT motorcycles are a different story. Those we heard. Best to bring earplugs. Overall a very enjoyable 2 night stay.

Reviewed April 28, 2018

My wife and I stayed here and also let them provide the service for all our activities. The owners and staff were the best of the best and incredibly knowledgeable. If you should choose Terlingua as a destination, you have to give these folks an opportunity. They will not disappoint.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 24, 2018

I planned a trip for 14 to kayak on the Rio Grand last week. From the start, Greg and his staff at Far Flung Outdoor Center in Terlingua made planning the trip a breeze. The staff picked us up on time at our campsite and took my mates and I to the put in point with no trouble. The FFOC staff were over the top friendly and very knowledgable. Most of our group was very inexperienced in this sport, yet everyone felt safe knowing the guides were always close by. I can not say enough good things about this company and the experience my mates and I had. I highly recommend FFOC to anyone who wants to float the river in the Big Bend area. I will definitely be back.