Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Will stay here again.

Stayed in Casita #12 and loved it. The view was great, the pool was cold, and the Casita was very... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Michelle1745
Dallas, Texas
Great Kayak float on the Rio Grande

Had a great morning with Far Flung on a kayak float along the Rio Grande. My kids had a great time... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
mku4440
Houston, Texas

All reviews jeep tour river trip rio grande santa elena canyon fire pit back porch day trip great place to stay big bend national park great trip exceeded our expectations sandwiches big bend area felt safe coffee shop these folks awesome experience
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2018

This jeep tour was amazing. Our guide "Randy" was "The Best". Very knowledgeable and easy going. He was there FOR US. First time in awhile that my 15 year old daughter and her friend actually put their phones down and absorbed the surrounding beauty. He made a couple of stops where I scratched my head wondering what we were stopping for. Only Randy and his vast knowledge of the area could point out what we could not see or understand. Truly awesome.This tour had some lasting memories. I really thought that my son who was home from college on spring break would rather stay home and hang out with his friends. He did make the trip and was probably the most impressed. We still talk about our experiences and memories made.The whole staff at Far Flung was gracious and accommodating. Highly recommend not only the area but you must take in a Far Flung adventure tour. We will be back. Thank you all for a great family vacation.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

We had a great time on our canoe trip down the Santa Elena canyon! The guides were helpful and informative. The trip was beautiful! We appreciated that the trip was very organized and well run. It was a perfectly relaxing day for us and our 9 year old. The lunch spread was perfect, including some amazing salsa! We will be sure to use Far Flung's services again in the future!

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our full day in Santa Elena Canyon at Big Bend National Park. Knowledgeable crew. Great time had by all. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

I can't say enough good things about Far Flung Outdoor Center. We took a guided overnight camping/canoe trip for 2 days/1 night with them over spring break 2018. Ours was the "overnight float trip". The guides were knowledgeable, hilariously funny, helpful, great cooks, and did everything they could to make our trip fun and enjoyable. They helped us over the hard spots in the river so nobody tipped over, they were very helpful in accommodating special food requirements, and took care of all the hard work so we could relax and have fun. They thought of everything, from an outdoor 'potty' to guitar songs by the campfire, even offering us cold sodas on the ride back at the end when we were hot and thirsty! My only mini-complaint was on the website they said they serve wine at meals, but on our trip they didn't. No biggie, just remember to bring your own with you if you want an alcoholic beverage. There were tiny kids all the way up to teenagers on this trip, so just know that it is a family-friendly kind of event. The canoeing was not hard, and they helped us every step. I would have liked to go even farther and have it be more challenging, but for the group we had it was great.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I cannot say enough about Far Flung. My friends and I, who get outdoors quite regularly, did an unguided canoe trip down the Rio Grande and Santa Elena Canyon. The staff was amazingly expert, providing us great advice on our journey down river. The details were taken care of with great care. Their advice and guidance on camping sites and how to handle trickier rapids were spot on. the equipment was in great shape, and the cost was very reasonable. If you have not been to BBNP, go. It is unlike anyplace I have been. And the town of Terlingua is simply unique. We look forward to returning.

Date of experience: February 2018