“3 Hour Wait”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 Hour Wait”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We waited 2 hours to get seated. After that we waited and hour to get our food. The food was ok, not great.

Visited March 2012

San Antonio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Overpriced, average food.”
Reviewed March 27, 2008

My husband and I visited here on our second trip to Big Bend. Instead of barbequing our first night of camping we drove 40 minutes from the park to Teralingua because we had heard so many great things about the Starlight Theater. We got there and were seated promptly but it was crowded.
The queso we had as an appetizer was great but our food was not. I got the green chile enchilidas and I could not find any green chiles on them. They had more than enough onions though. The beans tasted canned, we had better beans when we cooked ourselves the next night. My husband had a burger and it was just ok, kind of bland. The fries were definitely frozen though. There was a show that night and we waited and waited for it to start but it was so late so finally we just left. The worst part was when we got up to leave the waittresses ran over to clear our table before I even finished getting up from my chair and I was about to grab my still full beer to drink outside and watch the sunset with when one of them stuck her finger in my beer to pick it up! I told her I was about to drink it and expected I would get a fresh one but she just gave it back to me and said she was sorry! Needless to say I did not drink it!
We cooked at our campsite the next night and it was miles better (and cheaper) than our $40 meal .
Advise: If you are in the area go to La Kiva instead. Their food is great and reasonably priced. And they usually have live music.
The only good thing about the Starlight is that you can walk around to the galleries and gift shop with your beer.

2 Thank texas1981
Georgetown, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A gem in the desert!”
Reviewed October 29, 2006

On a Sept 2006 visit to Big Bend National Park our motel manager recommended the Starlight Theatre as the best place in town to eat. Terlingua being the town that it is, we had our apprehensions.

But it turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. Its hard to describe so I'll just recommend it as a must visit place if you are within an hour's drive.

The food is not cheap, but it was remarkably fresh and very well prepared. We had the tenderloin, salad & potatoes, and then sat there dringking cold Corona beer, watching through the open doors as the sunset reflected off the mountains, and we listened to a local gentleman play one of the sweetest electric guitars I or my wife have ever heard. The guy plays Tuesdays & Thursdays. We went on Tuesday & then went back on Thursday.

There was a bar along one side of the restaurant, and a number of patrons were smoking, but perhaps because of the high ceilings or great ventilation, neither my wife nor I were bothered in the least.

Next time we are in Big Bend, we will absolutely and positively make the Starlight Theatre our first dinner stop.

Crowley, Texas
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Stalight Theater - Something Old Is New Again”
Reviewed May 9, 2006

My husband and I actually ate dinner at the Starlight two evenings in a row. The food is a little pricey but is well worth the cost. The chef is superb, and the food original and plentiful. We left absolutely full. The filet mignon was the best we've ever had, and their ice cream Sunday dessert was heaven. There were singles and couples there as well as families. One of the evenings there was live music which was great fun (two musicians with guitars). The evening went by too quickly. After dinner be sure and take a great sunset photo with the Starlight as your backdrop!

The restaurant is actually in an old theater which still has a stage. On certain occasions we were told that they have theatrical productions and dances there. What fun!

I can't recommend this place highly enough! GREAT!!!

6 Thank vshultsTX
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 11, 2006

I had dinner at the Starlite last September and can't wait to go back! The food, the atmosphere, the live music and chickens made it all a wonderful experience. The people of Terlingua know the real meaning of life!
Donna LaGray Taylor