“Horseback rides at Lajitas and big bend stables”

Lajitas & Big Bend Stables - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Terlingua
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Horseback Trail Rides, hourly, 1/2 day w Lunch, All Days, Overnight camping trips, Big Bend Natl' & State Park. 28+ years in operation.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I did rides at both places. They are sister properties and work together. We did the half day tour with lunch into the mountains at Lajitas. It was great. Beautiful scenery. Good horses. Good food for lunch. We also did the desert sunset ride at big bend stables. It was also very nice. Very pretty scenery and they timed it perfect for sunset. Armando was the lead guide for each of our tours and he was great. My wife was very nervous and he reassured her and made her comfortable. We preferred the mountain ride but both were very nice.

7  Thank newtovegasTexas

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went on the stargazer meza ride at the equestrian center. Had a wonderful time riding the horses (all docile, and easy to ride even for total newbies like me). Had a great dinner by the bonfire afterwards with fantastic food! Would love o go again.

1  Thank Gauri P
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good horses, nice guide, beautiful scenery! Would ride with them again! We did a 2 hour ride, and then a 3 hour. Pretty exhausting but fun. The 2 hour ride is perfect for beginners, I would recommend the 3 hour for people that can handle more laborious tasks.

1  Thank Victoria S
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Wonderful trip! I recommend to all. We had a great time riding through the rocky hills. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable, told us about plants, horses and local history. Highly recommend, I have no experience riding, horse was very gentle, 3 hours was enough, my butt was starting to get sore. Would do it again on my next visit!

4  Thank just4fun_as
Reviewed April 7, 2012

From the completely charming and extremely informative horseback guide to our off the beaten track river guide.. fantastic. you made this father daughter trip!

2  Thank jeepsport77