Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$175
View deal
Agoda.com$175
Priceline$175
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews rabbit long drive off the beaten path christmas mountain thin walls mile drive visiting big bend office staff rustic place nice pool fire ring milky way dark skies remote location no frills excellent accommodations rooms are small
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Before planning on coming here i did my research and found out that this place was an hour away from the big bend entrance and 45 minutes from the town of terlingua. I think this place is better than going to a local motel closer to the park because of the camp like experience, pet friendly, and they HAVE A POOL!!! This place has everything you will need for a camping like experience. THe staff is very friendly and will give you all the advice you need on where to go. THey also have maps and brochures about what to do in the area. The cabins have everything you need and the AC works great, I brought an extra pillow for the bed but the mattress was comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and come with a few towels and wash cloths. I like big fluffy towels so i brought my own. No tv but that is ok since your time there is spent mostly outdoors. The Wifi works well by the cafe but is very weak in the cabins. I was able to get a signal a few times to check my email while in my room. This didn't bother me because i only spent time in the room to sleep and shower. At night you can sit out on the deck and look at the stars.

THe pool is very nice and was a great way to cool off after a morning of hiking at big bend. If you want you can call up to the cafe from the pool and order a burger and fries, then walk up in 10 minutes and bring your food back down to the pool (cafe is located next to the pool). The cafe has a basic menu which includes salads, wraps, sandwiches and some mexican dishes. THey also have ice-cream, beer, and plenty of desserts.

In the evenings we would go to the town of terlingua to take pictures in the ghost town and check out the local restaurants. Dont leave this town without checking out La Kiva. It was a super cool restaurant bar which has entertainment on some evenings. I looks like you are in a cave with unique surroundings.The food was great here as well. The Terlingua ranch lodge also has a horse stable, a deer freezer, RV parking area, pool, cafe, camp ground, and airstrip. Everything is close enough to walk to from your cabin.
The only downside to this place is the far drive. Dont stay hear if you are expecting a hotel, this is more like a campground with spacious cabins.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank md9333
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed for two nights. The first night I hated it and the second night I started to like it (a lot). BTW I think this "Terlingua Ranch Lodge" and "Terlingua Ranch Resort" are the same in case you are wondering.
Why I did not like at the beginning
1. The place is about 1 hour from Big bend entrance. So yes it's a little too remote. And it's not that close to the ghost town of Terlingua either.
2. To get there you have to drive about 16 miles off the main highway (HWY 115 if i remember correctly), including 3 miles of unpaved roads. We arrived after dark, and the office left the key and a map for me. It's really dark there, so finding the cabin was a little hard. There was no cellphone signal, and GPS would not help either.
3. The cabin is very basic. And you can see dead bugs inside and out. Of course that also says that you are very close to nature. And the wall is thin so you can hear everything from your neighbor's cabin.
4. No cellphone signal. No phone in the cabin. I did not get wifi signal in the cabin. But you can have pretty good signals in their restaurant.

Why I started to like it:
1. It's quiet, especially if the cabin you are next to is vacant.
2. People are VERY nice. I enjoyed talking to the owners, and people in the restaurant.
3. Once you get used to life without TV, cellphone signals andwifi, it's not bad at all.
4. The price is good.
5. Anyway I did not come to big bend for a luxury resort.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank drql
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff is friendly, the rooms are what one expects for being were you are. The is no phone or TV which was fine with me . Thee is suppossed to be wi-fi but I was unable to get a signal. which was fine with me. The area is beautiful. Great sunsets. A little farther from Big Bend National Park then I thought it would be, but that was ok as well. Bring snacks and drinks with you.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank drgccgTx
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cabins are clean but very basic. Had problem with water pressure for showers in evening. Hear everything in neighboring cabins-people talking and other noises. Plumbing very loud. Long drive down winding run to main highway then still 15 more miles to town.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank newtovegasTexas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

After reading reviews of places to stay near the west end of the park, I was happy to find one off the beaten path where I found peace and quiet; no crowds. I drove in just about sunset after the office had closed. My key, map and directions to my cabin were in the drop-box next to the door and I easily found my way. I ate dinner I brought with me out on the porch of my cabin in a very comfortable chair that was provided and watched the sunset and later, bright stars in a completely quiet setting. The cabin had just been remodeled and was rustic and lovely. This is not the place to stay if you want a wake-up call, want to watch tv or listen to music, but every cabin has wi-fi. It is truly a place to enjoy nature, with the sound of birds in the evening and morning. There is a corral area where you can keep your own horse, ride the trails and explore this big ranch, if you like. The staff were very friendly, helping me find a nice hike when I wanted "down time" from driving in the park. Had a lot of fun listening to some country music when a band played on Saturday night at the cafe there. I was surprised the facilities were so nice for the price and look forward to staying there again.

Room tip: There are new cabins with four to a building. You can choose which direction you want your porch to face if you are particular about watching the sunset or sunrise, or both.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo