“Very clean and great bed”
Review of Super 8 Temple

Super 8 Temple
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Temple
“Very clean and great bed”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Perfect for stop over. Good price. Paid $60 for king room. Well maintained facilities. I highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Dahurtu
ddilley, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Temple, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking out time to leave such a great review for our hotel. We greatly appreciate the support and strive to keep up our property here. Next time you're in the area, we would love to have you back. Look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Night manager was really nice and helpful. We requested a downstairs room and got one with no problems. Beds were comfortable. Air conditioner was COLD. Wi-Fi works great... But maintenance seemed lacking. The toilet is loose, the toilet paper holder is loose, the privacy lock on the front door is broken and the carpet is filthy!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank RoadKill2442
ddilley, Manager at Super 8 Temple, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
It is great to see that you had a nice stay with us. We try to provide the best hospitality and try to accommodate everyone's needs. I do,however, apologize for the maintenance issues that you experienced during your stay .We have since fixed those problems and strive to further better our location. If you are ever back in this area, we would love to see you again, and let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you. Hope to see you again!

Manager,
Danielle Dilley
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We were returning from our trip from Corpus Christi. We were looking for an affordable room, did not need much, we only wanted to sleep and feel comfortable and to wake up and our car would be where we parked it. We did stop down the road just north of this location. We did not stay - we ran from that location. We were pleasantly surprised about our stay- the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. We were a bit skeptacle about the office being off to the side - but we had no worries at all. When we woke up and got breakfast - the food was very good. The eating are was very clean. We did get a chuckle over the little hot dog cart on the counter- it had sausage & gravy inside. It was just as good as the biscuit & gravy we just had in San Antonio at the Hyatt. It is not the most updated facility - but for the price - you will be very comfortable and glad it was very clean. We will stop again on our travels. I am very particular about not having cigarette smoke in my room. I was glad it was odor free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fitzgirl_23
ddilley, Manager at Super 8 Temple, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time in writing such a great review for our hotel. It is great to see that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also that our biscuits and gravy rival our competition. We will continue to keep our rooms and service up to your standards and would love to see you again in the near future. Thank you once again and hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Danielle Dilley
-Manager
Pass Christian
Reviewed June 30, 2010

.we have been staying at this motel for about 2 years and always find it to be the same quality and style. clean fooms great housekeeping staff office staff and manager
continental breakfast very good and convenient, great restaurant next door as per manager, everyone is so helpful and motel in a convenient location for our needs.
should be returning to temple in about 2 months.
the allens

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
Reviewed December 3, 2008

When my boyfriend booked this hotel, I had some qualms about it, but I thought "well his family stays there all the time, it must be ok."
Checking into the hotel was easy, unfortunately it smelled of stale smoke and made me feel a little ill.
The room was a little dated, but we didn't expect to much for the rate we were getting.
Later on in the night as we were getting ready for bed, I noticed there was a giant cigarette burn mark in the comforter, I also noticed that one of the towels left for us had yellow and orange spots on it.
We decided to stay the night and check out and find another hotel, when I went to call the front desk a lovely fake nail came out from underneath the phone.
Thank god we only stayed the night, we checked into the holiday inn the next day and were relieved to find it was clean.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2005

I recently checked into this Super 8 in Temple, TX. Although the room was clean, this is not one of Super 8's better properties. First, the office is across an access road from the buildings containing the hotel rooms. The hotel is located just off I35 which you would think would be convenient; however, this property is set back from the highway access road and feels very isolated.

There were cigarette butts littering the parking lot and the room, while clean, was worn and dated. I was traveling alone and did not feel safe in this motel. I left after about 20 minutes in the room and went up the highway to a La Quinta Inn property located off exit 301 of I35. Another problem with the Super8 location is that there are no restaurants (save a Mexican restaurant at one end of the parking lot but it did not look appealing).

When I turned in my key, I explained why I was leaving and the manager on duty said that the motel was safe and that they primarily house "truckers and contract rate people". I am sure they are nice but I did not see any other women there among the few guests present. In short, a bad location, worn down property and a creepy feel. Ugh.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank amm925
super8temple, owner at Super 8 Temple, responded to this review, January 3, 2008
our motel is fully furnished with microwave,refridgerator,hairdryer,iron,and high speed internet.all our rooms are completly renvoted.We provied super start breakfest with hot waffles, and we are the only one providing fresh ground coffee.
We are two diamond rated AAA motel and we consitently score high QA inspections, and we score 8.6 out of 10 on the Medallia report.