“Great price, friendly staff”

La Quinta Inn Temple
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Houston, Texas
“Great price, friendly staff”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for one night while in town for a friend's birthday party. Check-in was very fast, took less than 10 minutes.

The room itself was GREAT!!! We paid $65 for a king suite, and the bed was very comfortable...wish I could have taken it home with me, very soft and plenty of pillows.

We went downstairs to get the breakfast, but there was nothing left when we got there around 9:00, so I really can't comment on that.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the service and the room. Also, they have free Wi-Fi, which is very important and made the stay even better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sha_austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed here for the second time. Our first experience was over 5 years ago with no complaints during that first trip. This weekends trip was similar. We travelled to this location with our young son after making reservations with the hotel directly at a state employee's discount rate. We arrived after 9:00 PM and were greeted by Skye at the front desk and we were standing at our room door in less than 5 minutes. We had some trouble with the door and she was quick to come lend a hand by exchanging keys for better results. The room was a bit musty smelling, but was better once some air could circulate. The king room was small but this is as expected with the age of the property. And we didn't expect (or pay for) a luxury suite experience. The new HD tv and programing were appreciated and we were able to set up our son's travel bed with room to spare. Linnens and towels were clean fresh. The tile and carpet floors could use some updating, but again we were not staying at the Ritz.
Breakfast was included and was perfect with many many selections for the light or heavy eater. The self serve waffle irons made for a good treat and were very tasty. Yogurt, bagels, danish, cereal, juice, coffe and hard-boiled eggs were all available. Judy at the front desk made checking out a breeze on our last morning.

Room Tip: Think Motel with hotel breakfast...nice to park near the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank William D
Grenola, KS
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The rooms were not clean! Our first room had a dirty toilet and hair in the bed. We tryed 4 rooms before we found one that was okay, and it still had hair on the floor behind the bathroom door and trash behind the trash can. If I had not been with a group I don't think I would have stayed there!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank KIM_KS_2

Travelers are raving about these Temple hotels

Hanover Park, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was very disappointed with my stay here. The room had a funky odor when I walked in. I wouldve have left but it was very late and I wasnt familar with the area. The bedding didnt appear to have been clean and the shower rooms had mold on them like the previous person mentioned. The breakfast was lacking, it consisted of boiled eggs, cereal, waffles and toast, no real sustinance. They should say its a continental breakfast instead of misleading people. To be fair there were two things that were okay here and it was the pool and the beds were soft, but hard to sleep thinking bedding wasn't cleaned. In the morning when walking near the cleaning carts I didnt see any clean linens on two of the carts confirming my suspicions they are probably not cleaning the bedding on a regular basis. I would not stay here again. I was happy to leave the next morning! Upper Management really needs to visit this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 4, 2011

NASTY, bad area. The outside looks nice but the rooms are nasty. I added a picture of the mold in the shower. They only give u one packet of coffee and creamer. I could not figure out why the AC would not keep running, so i unsnapped the AC cover and saw that they stuck the temp. sensor in the fins so it would shut off way earlier than it should! So just pull it off, and you wont burn up from this cheap place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank tylerready2007
San Antonio
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I wanted to take the kids on Amtrak. Amtrak offered me a special kids go free. We were looking for a place to go from San Antonio that was not too far and the kids would not get bored on the train. We decided on Temple. The La Quinta was within what we call walking distance (about 1mile). I have all boys, except for the wife, and we carried most of her stuff. The LaQuinta was a nice place to stay for a couple of days. The rooms were a little small but well maintained. We had a flat screen TV they just installed, dorm refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker with coffee. We were able to get a room with a view of the pool which the kids thoroughly enjoyed, they had pool towels for the guests a nice perk. Front desk lady and cleaning staff very friendly and accommodating, Lawn people cautious and aware of guests. There aren’t really any homes or apartments around the immediate area right off the highway. We were able to eat a different fast food places all within walking distance oh and an HEB (grocery). Breakfast was good and a nice way to start the day. Make your own waffles, coffee, juice, cereal, Danishes. Overall just what I envisioned for our mini vacation. Thanks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mark&Dtravel/w/kids
Oklahoma City
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Spent one night to break up the drive from OKC to Corpus. The AC did not work very well, the tub was old, the drain was rusty, mold on the grout in tub area, carpet worn. The pool was nice, clean, and towels were provided there. Breakfast was adequate. The room rate was reasonable, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family