“Not worth the price”

Residence Inn Temple
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We had tons of issues during our stay, while the management tried there bestbto fix the problems not having hot water is a huge deal. We booked the hotel to have access to their gym! Which was closed. That should be noted on the website. Our hot water did not work, they did they to fix it but told me it was an isolated issue. At breakfast half the guest were complaining about the cold water. I would skip this place, its overpriced. I do want to stress that the management did appologise but they can't undo my frigid shower.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Well a group of friends and I were in the area for a bridge tournament, I always stay Marriot wherever I go, but now I am reconsidering that after my one night stay at this low grade Marriot. I could not sleep at all the whole night that I was there the bed was so uncomfortable!!! A hotel is suppose to have a comfortable bed, right? Well if you are in the Temple area and you are looking for a comfortable stay, do not stay here, you will be disappointed just like I was. Everything that looks good is not always good!! The next morning I shorten my stay from three nights to one night ran for the door to find a more comfortable bed for a more pleasent stay in Temple!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We stayed there during a swim meet in Belton. The service was excellent. They gave us a group rate and, because the meets started at 6:45 am, they opened breakfast early on both Sat and Sun. That was a great help and good breakfast, with eggs, pancakes, etc.

The hotel is in great shape. We stayed in a king room, with a pull-out sofa. Great kitchen and good sized room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel on our way to Dallas prior to Christmas. We were very pleasantly surprised. Feels new and the rooms are spacious, clean, and decorated nicely. Plus, the price was great!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The front staff is great - the housekeeping is the best. However, the manager is rude to the point of being absurd. The management knew about the man in the room prior to me had a "bladder problem" and I slept on a urine stench mattress 4 days before I realized what the bad smell was. They changed the mattress immediately when I complained but not one word from the manager in apology or explaination for the next month I stayed there. It soured me on the whole place.
People let their dogs go right outside the doors - when I mentioned it to the staff, they said it may be picked up after the weekend - nope, it wasn't.
Like I said, the staff and housekeeping are great - the management need help.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Karol B
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This property is a nice surprise. A colleague and I were in town for business and stayed here. The rooms are big, clean and new. Stainless appliances and good A/C. The dinner and breakfast buffets were decent quality with plenty of food. Check in was fast easy and courtious. Check out was good as well. Staff were always friendly. We fouind out later that another business associate who spends 3 weeks in town every month stays here too... he ought to know! They even keep his suits over the weekend for him.

I will certainly stay here when I'm back in Temple!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My spouse and I stayed there for 3 nights while I was in conference for a new job. This hotel turned out to be the most wonderful place to stay, especially for an extended visit. The hotel was beautiful and spotless. The pool, whirlpool, and workout facilities were top notch. But the best thing was the meals provided, breakfast and a light supper along with wine if desired. I was tired after a long day in conference and it was so nice to go back and eat a simple supper at the hotel, then relax by the pool with a glass of wine after.....sometimes you get exactly what you pay for...and then some!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business