“They will steal your things!!!!”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Budget Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a pretty low class place. I got my rooms off of Priceline and when I arrived, I was worried about being robbed while staying there. After I checked out and went to work, one of the teenagers on the crew informed me that he left his cd's in his room. I took him back and he went in to get them and the person in the office said that no cd's were left in the room. The father got upset and went in and told them they were left in the room and they better show up immediately. And what do you know, she went out and came back with them. Must of been a miracle!!!! After I returned home, I realized I had left a pair of shorts in my room. I called and was asked to call back the next day. I called back and was informed they had found my shorts. I informed them that I wouldn't be back for about 6 weeks and they said that would be no problem. I called back a week later to check in and they said everything was fine. I called back again, a week later and to inform them that my cousin would pick them up for me and what do you know....they don't know anything. Everybody acts like I never talked to anybody and give me the excuse that they are not responsible for things left in the room. Problem is, when someone tells you they found them and will hold them for you, in my opinion, that makes them responsible. What a crock of [--]!!!! I will NEVER stay in that hotel again!!!! I am in that area at least 5 times per year. Instead of trying to compensate me and earn trust, they would rather lose repeat business. That is what you get when our Beautiful Country gives tax deferred business loans to immigrants that don't respect our people, let alone the USA. Do not give them your business....they are not worth the savings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tabygabby

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've stayed several times at this hotel, in fact it's usually because plumbing problems at home. I dont need anything fancy. I've even walked in with no reservation and was able to get a room. The price is excellent and half the price of the brand name hotels in the area!! I recommend this place if you need a place to lay your head and shower in the morning! Very good location as well! Right off IH 35! Sure the lady behind the counter looks sleepy but its probably because she is the owner and lives there 24-7 to insure "we" customers have a place to lay our heads too!

Room Tip: The second floor are smoking rooms, the rooms that are lined up on the side are quiter and away from...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank christinaldh
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Reservation was a 1 night stay for 2 Queen Room. The place is not pretty at all (expected). Arrive the lady at the desk was asleep and she seemed upset that we woke her up. Got our room keys and walked in the room. Very bad odor...restroom is very small, some parts of bath tub were rusted and paint peeling. We had requested a pull out bed and the bed had a Pee stain on it...The AC takes forever to cool down the room...even on "high" it took a while. Next day we went for "breakfast". Some stale looking cereal, Im assuming cheerios and no milk to be found, and 3 pastries that looked from a couple of days before. At check out time, walked in said good morning to the same lady, no response from her, gave her my keys and asked if that was it, all she responded was mmmm-hhhmm....Really think about it before you stay here...I would have rather paid the extra bucks to stay at the motel 6 which i have stay at before...I shouldve known

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The manager will go out of his way to insure your stay is secure,friendly, and very comfortable.
Providing physical ease and relaxation during your stay. The good house keeping is a prime example of the owner taking pride to insure all customers are very happy.

Overall 5 Star Rating

Room Tip: The owner is always updating
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank net_pass
Reviewed January 31, 2010

this was the nicest and very clean ........great stay...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family