“White Wings! You have to try these.”
Review of Las Casas Restaurant & Patio - CLOSED

Las Casas Restaurant & Patio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with a jalapeno! OMG, these things are so awesome and hald price on Wednesdays. Worth stopping for.

2  Thank bjjohn
There are newer reviews for Las Casas Restaurant & Patio

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Several years ago, stopping at this restaurant was the highlight of a trip through Temple. I had developed a taste for the white wings. But after a couple of mediocre experiences about five years ago, we swore off the place.

Today, we decided to give it another chance. Big mistake. The only food that was done right was the pico de gallo and the guacamole. Everything else was flawed to some extent. The chips had been fried in oil that passed its prime; so they had that semi-rancid old oil flavor. The salsa tasted like it came out of a jar.

All of us ordered lunch specials. Two of my party ordered the "Jean Special - the Old #1". We all agreed that the meat tasted like jerky. To make matters worse, the meat was on top of a tortilla that seemed to be fried in the same dead oil as the tortilla chips. I ordered a chile relleno. It looked good, but it was stuffed with a flavorless chicken mixture and covered with an even more flavorless white sauce.

The service was good. One improvement from last time is that the dining room is nicer. In the past, the restaurant had been darker - almost dungeon-like.

One of us had a Mexican food Jones that needed to be scratched. Instead, that person wound up grabbing snack food when we got back to the car to get the flavor of this meal out of her mouth. We won't be back. There are too many other places on the Interstate the next time we need a quick off-on meal.

3  Thank Cedar_Park_chump
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were looking for a Mexican restaurant and stumbled onto this one. It was clean, good service and really good food. I am a plant based person and the "chef" complied with all my wishes for a great plant based salad. If passing through Temple again, we will return.

2  Thank 1951KitKat2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Returned to Temple after years of moving away and we meet some friends on the patio. Service was slow (no, it wasn't busy) and waiter was not very friendly and slow. The manager was too concerned about checking the basketball score and messages on his phone rather than checking to see how pleased his customers were. Queso dip was watery and salsa was blah! White wings were over cooked. There's a sign on the patio stating a 15% gratuity will be added for parties over 8 people or more. However, when we received our bill the gratuity was 20%. I approached the manager and he told me to contact Ralph Sheffield. Ralph Sheffield is a Texas State Representative and I guess I was suppose to be impressed. I told the manager if he could show me where in the menu or on the patio a sign was posted stating we had to pay 20%, I'd be glad to pay it. Then another staff member (who wasn't our waiter) comes up and says "there's a sign right there saying gratuity will be added". I informed him he isn't involved in the conversation, has no idea what I was talking about. Finally the manager reluctantly recalculated our bills. I highly recommend choosing another restaurant!

4  Thank Teri v
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We hadn't been here for a couple of years and were almost afraid to go because of all the bad reviews. We went last night and the food was good and the service was great. The only complaint we have is that the tortilla chips are to greasy. They actually shine.

1  Thank Brenda W