“Awesome service, clean, highly recommended!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed at Temple TX ABVI in January. We did not have reservations, and arrived late at night. My son was there for a doctor appointment at Scott and White Hospital the following day. We were quickly given a room, the clerk was very friendly and helpful. We required certain accomodations due to my son's condition, and they were met without question. The room was extremely clean, breakfast was delicious and in fact, we have to return to the doctor for a followup next week, and we have already reserved our room for an extended stay at ABVI. I highly recommend this hotel due to friendliness, cleanliness and good old fashioned Southern hospitality!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wtxmommie9

Reviewed October 4, 2010

The rooms reeked of air freshener; asked for a change and got it, but was no better. Turned on a/c fan full blast and left door open, but still overwhelmed by smell. Shabby, spare and small, but passably clean. Traffic sounds were quite noticeable. Wired internet was fine.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Frakle
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stopped by at Americas Best Value Inn when i was on my way to Austin from Dallas.
Extremely clean,hygenic and a great place to stay in.
I would commend everyone to stay back at this place as it is great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank mike1486
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed at the hotel for 3 days for some business in town and enjoyed staying at this property.Front desk was very friendly and helpfull.Rooms very clean and for continental breakfast they had lots of choices.After all day of meetings we enjoyed their pool to relax.They also gave us 10% off coupons to few restaurant nearby.i would recommend this hotel to eveyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Got into town late and from the outside this hotel looked clean. Front desk wasn't rude but was pretty cold and not friendly at all. Got to my room and sheets were pulled off room was obviously dirty. went all the way down stairs and got moved to another DIRTY room. Now Im tired and upset all the girl at front desk could say is her list shows the rooms cleaned. No apology or sorry just hands me a key and says here try this room. Finally get a clean room and walls are very thin heard people coming and going all night doors slamming and drunk guys being loud in hallways. I complained about that in the morning and was told they have a railroad customer whos people come and go at all hours of the night. and come loud at all hours of the night they did. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL TO anyone. Just because a hotel looks clean and friendly as you drive by definatly does not mean its that way on the inside.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I went to Temple Texas for my 35th High School Reunion and needed to find a hotel that was easy on my pocket, but still had the pool and free breakfast. I found the Americas Best Value Inn on Expedia and after finding out they had just installed a pool decided to book with them. I really didn't expect much since I got a REALLY good deal for a week there. I was VERY surprised to find they had not only a really nice pool but also had excellent service. From the time I checked in to the time I left, the staff all the way up to the owner of the hotel went the extra mile to meet and exceed all of my needs. If you need a place to stay and don't have a lot of money and want really friendly people to give you first class service, then Americas Best Value Inn in Temple Texas is where I suggest you stay.
Gene Vining, Sanford, North Carolina

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I checked in late Friday night around midnight after driving 10 hrs all day. I waited for about 10 minutes before the clerk came from the back to assist me & yes I did ring the bell after the first minute or so. This hotel did not bother to ask me if I wanted a smoking or non, how many keys I needed or how many beds. I was traveling with my 2 small children ages 6 & 4. They just put me in a smoking room with 1 king size bed. When I asked to be changed to 2 double beds & a non smoking room I was informed by the manager that this could be done if I paid $25 extra a night (I was staying 3 nights) but then he said he would lower it to $20 a night since I had 2 young children. His reasoning was that he was losing money from this anyways because I booked through Hotwire. Knowing I couldn't get refunded my money from Hotwire I agreed to pay but when I pulled out my check card the manager refused & said he would only accept cash & had me go to an atm. I felt like I was scammed & that this man was only going to pocket my cash but there was not much else I could do about it. On my last night of staying here my key wouldn't work so I went to the front desk to get the card re-keyed. Again I had to wait on the clerk. She snatched the key from me re-keyed it & handed it back as if I, the customer was a bother to her. I was very dissatisfied with the customer service & the scam that was pulled on me. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family