“Great place for the value”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Houston, Texas
“Great place for the value”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed at the hotel for 3 days for some business in town and enjoyed staying at this property.Front desk was very friendly and helpfull.Rooms very clean and for continental breakfast they had lots of choices.After all day of meetings we enjoyed their pool to relax.They also gave us 10% off coupons to few restaurant nearby.i would recommend this hotel to eveyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Clovis, California
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Got into town late and from the outside this hotel looked clean. Front desk wasn't rude but was pretty cold and not friendly at all. Got to my room and sheets were pulled off room was obviously dirty. went all the way down stairs and got moved to another DIRTY room. Now Im tired and upset all the girl at front desk could say is her list shows the rooms cleaned. No apology or sorry just hands me a key and says here try this room. Finally get a clean room and walls are very thin heard people coming and going all night doors slamming and drunk guys being loud in hallways. I complained about that in the morning and was told they have a railroad customer whos people come and go at all hours of the night. and come loud at all hours of the night they did. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL TO anyone. Just because a hotel looks clean and friendly as you drive by definatly does not mean its that way on the inside.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I went to Temple Texas for my 35th High School Reunion and needed to find a hotel that was easy on my pocket, but still had the pool and free breakfast. I found the Americas Best Value Inn on Expedia and after finding out they had just installed a pool decided to book with them. I really didn't expect much since I got a REALLY good deal for a week there. I was VERY surprised to find they had not only a really nice pool but also had excellent service. From the time I checked in to the time I left, the staff all the way up to the owner of the hotel went the extra mile to meet and exceed all of my needs. If you need a place to stay and don't have a lot of money and want really friendly people to give you first class service, then Americas Best Value Inn in Temple Texas is where I suggest you stay.
Gene Vining, Sanford, North Carolina

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, KS
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I checked in late Friday night around midnight after driving 10 hrs all day. I waited for about 10 minutes before the clerk came from the back to assist me & yes I did ring the bell after the first minute or so. This hotel did not bother to ask me if I wanted a smoking or non, how many keys I needed or how many beds. I was traveling with my 2 small children ages 6 & 4. They just put me in a smoking room with 1 king size bed. When I asked to be changed to 2 double beds & a non smoking room I was informed by the manager that this could be done if I paid $25 extra a night (I was staying 3 nights) but then he said he would lower it to $20 a night since I had 2 young children. His reasoning was that he was losing money from this anyways because I booked through Hotwire. Knowing I couldn't get refunded my money from Hotwire I agreed to pay but when I pulled out my check card the manager refused & said he would only accept cash & had me go to an atm. I felt like I was scammed & that this man was only going to pocket my cash but there was not much else I could do about it. On my last night of staying here my key wouldn't work so I went to the front desk to get the card re-keyed. Again I had to wait on the clerk. She snatched the key from me re-keyed it & handed it back as if I, the customer was a bother to her. I was very dissatisfied with the customer service & the scam that was pulled on me. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Traveler0984
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2009

The service at this hotel for a limited service was great. The manager and staff were very friendly and professional. The value was good and our overall experience was superb. I would recommend this little hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
houston, texas
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My significant other and I met half way, which is Temple, to spend time with each other. Back in January we stayed at a hotel across from Red Roof, so this time I decided to stay at Red Roof. The guy in the front was extremely kind and friendly when I arrived. He sent me to my room on the second floor, I had to walk up stairs—no elevators, and when I opened the room door the room had not been cleaned. He called on the radio to see what rooms where cleaned and available. The woman on the other radio was very unprofessional and it took her 15 min to answer his question after he repeated 8 times.( later it was revealed it was his manager)l Javier kept a professional stance the whole time. I left the at 4am, by friend told me that a woman disturbed her at 9:15 told her check out time was 10:00. She called me at work and I later I called to see what time check out was because I was under the impression it was 11:00am, I was told she checked out “a little before 11” which was clearly a lie. She called to see why that was being said and who the woman was that knocked on the door and she was treated very rudely.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thegreatgetaway
TempleRRI, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2009
Dispite our policy of a 3pm check in time,
we made every effort to accomodate the
guests needs for a pre noon arrival. The guests room was upgraded to a king suite
on the first floor and was accepted without any furture issue.