“Lodgings during hospitalization”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel honored a one day voucher issued by the VA. Unlike several other facilities that were listed on the VA's papers. Shame on them.
The family stayed for 4 days to attend to my husband during his recent surgery at Central Texas VA Hospital.
The facility was clean & warm during the ice storms. Beds and bedding were very comfortable.
Very basic continental breakfast, but good coffee.
Good price, clean & comfortable stay for a stressful visit to Temple.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KATHRYN C
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Had to find a hotel in another city for the baylor game since every hotel in waco was overpriced. Found this little hotel online. Booked it because it looked newer and price was right. Staff was superfriendly & rooms were clean and comfortable. Was more affordable then all the older hotels nearby. For the price, this hotel was a steal and only 30 minute drive to waco. From now on, I will be staying at this hotel everytime im in town for a baylor event.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Grady M
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The rooms are clean and comfortable with working air conditioners. The rooms also have a small refrigerator and microwave. The rooms have large windows which allow you to open the drapes and let the light in if you so desire to brighten up the room. The staff was very friendly, professional and helpful. The establishment is in a good location; on the frontage road and close to several eating establishments. I plan to stay there again when I return to the area and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable, reasonably priced location to stay at while visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 565bhppy
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When I got to the room my 1st night I didn't notice anything wrong. It was late and I went to bed. The next morning when getting ready for the day is when things started gong bad. I turned on the water in the sink and it spit and spattered for about 10 minutes, with rusty looking water. It also took about 20 minutes for the sink water to to get hot. Then when I went to leave I wanted to use the safe and couldn't because the door had been shut by some one and house kepping didn't report it so it could be opened for the next tentant. So I had to carry my valubles with me when I left the room. There was also a 3 to 4 inch tear n the bed spread. My 2nd night I went to plug in the mircowave and there was a half used douche bottle with the microwave cord wraped around it. When I reported it they sent me a maintance man to solve the problem. At check out I was given a $6.59 credit. When I got homeI looked at my bill and was charged for the safe! So I had to call them and get that $3.40 credit. I will never stay at an Americas Best Value Inn again. In a strom I would sleep in my car first if that was the only shelter around. Also I couldn't a map of the Inn to find ice mach. Never found or seen one and wasn't about to deal with the frount desk any more then I had to. The woman who checked me in was nice and so was the one who checked me out, but when reporting things to the manager he just didn't seem to care.
The small refrigerator also frooze every thing and there was no temp. control on it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 1stStrawberry1
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a 3 day business trip and was pleasantly surprised. As always, I read the reviews and had minor concerns about some of the negative reviews but as the old saying goes, "You cannot please everyone." This hotel put all my concerns to rest after first nights stay. My room was clean, beds were comfortable as they had just been upgraded, and housekeeping made sure I had everyting I needed for my entire stay. Front desk was terrific and friendly and weint out of their way to answer all my questions and direct me to good eateries aroudn town. It truly is a great value for inexpensive rates.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BrodyM351
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I needed extra towels and pillows, and they provided them in a timely manner. Clean rooms that are maintained daily. Spacious parking lot, and lots of good restaurants around.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My annual family reunion was held in Temple this year, I had never stayed at an America's Best Value Inn...I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was very welcoming, helpful and friendly. The room was very reasonably priced, spacious and clean. The parking area was very well lit and the overall property was quiet. I would recommend this hotel to all of my family friends. I will be back :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family