“Cafeteria style and no one was there!”
Review of Clem Mikeska's BBQ

Clem Mikeska's BBQ
Ranked #18 of 173 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I had a Clem's Big Plate. It's a pound of meat. Whatever combo of meat you see fit. They put your plate on a scale. Literally! I got ribs and briskets. The brisket was moist, soft, and delicious. The ribs seemed like they were from the lunch hour leftovers. The BBQ sauces are needing reworked. I've tasted a lot better. You also get 3 sides. I got noodles with ritz crackers, coleslaw, and butter red potatoes. They were all very good. I want to give this place a 3.5 stars but I can't give a half. I'm sure there's better BBQ here in Temple, TX but I haven't been here long! Please post other reviews with recommendations of where to get better BBQ. Not just that it's not good. I found it satisfing and I left full! Good luck to all!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food was very good and reasonably priced. Quick service and convenient location. Try the two meat platter and you will leave stuffed.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was visiting Temple and didn't have time to make it to Austin so a friend took me to Clem Mikeska's. They had just opened and some of their dishes weren't ready yet but the staff behind the counter could not have been friendlier. They let us sample dishes to try and explained what everything was. We took our meal to go. The brisket was so tender. It was incredible. The ribs were also tender with just the right amount of smoke. The side dishes were quite varied. We had a noodle salad that I had never had before. I really enjoyed it. We also had potato salad, mashed potatoes, and pea salad. I would recommend this place and would go back whenever in town. I did not find the meat dry or flavorless. The bbq sauce on the side was good but the meat was so good on it's own that it really wasn't needed.

1  Thank jdavid68
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a very good lunch. Tried the sausage and the pork. Both were very good. Nice place. Will definitely go back to try other meats on my next trip

Reviewed September 4, 2012

They are very nice, but at the end of the day, Its just BBQ. A little pricey for just lunch and BBQ is never a romantic date.