“Best Scallops I've had a in very long time”

Cheeves Bros Steak House
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Temple
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cheeves Bros. Steak House is a classic, upscale restaurant in downtown Temple, Texas. We pride ourselves on our USDA prime steaks and succulent seafood, warm hospitality and a refined atmosphere. Our award winning wine cellar with over 400 carefully selected wines and reserve bottles has received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for nine years. We serve lunch and dinner and offer HAPPY HOUR everyday in the bar. Enjoy1/2 priced drinks in the bar (excludes bottled wine). We proudly serve Starbucks coffee and are dessert menu is to die for.
Temple, Texas, Usa
“Best Scallops I've had a in very long time”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My recent trip to Cheeves included the scallops for an appetizer… they were the best I’ve had in a very long time. Cooked perfectly and in a sauce that was amazing. Followed with the large Ribeye that was also very well prepared with just the right amount of seasoning. Great wine list and very responsive wait staff!

• Visited September 2013

Tampa, Florida
“The best place in Temple”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We haven't eaten at all of them but this has to be the best place in Temple. Steaks are outstanding. Service is great. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Visited March 2013
belton, tx
“Cheeves Bros. is disappointing”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

As a long-time resident of the Temple, Tx area, I remember when I shopped at the Cheeves Bros. department store for my Mom and Dad. This restaurant is in that old building and holds a lot of good memories. However, the food is not so memorable here. Whether it's due to a lack of expertise, seasoning, or what, the food kind of all "tastes the same." My husband says it is due to the kitchen not having an adequate filtration system and all the odors permeating the entire restaurant from the open kitchen. Whatever it is, the food is not worth the money. At one point about three or four years ago, my stomach got upset every time I ate there. Evidentially, there was either a lot of MSG or other chemical additives that did not agree with me. Since that time, I restricted my selections and the upset stomach got better. However, the taste is simply not worth it. It seems excessively salty, limited in variety, sometimes just not very good, and heavy.
The last time we ate in the dining room with another couple, the food was even worse. When we complained, no offer was made to rectify or change the entrees. Even the baked potatoes were bad.
I wish that Temple and Belton restaurant owners would go eat at some really good Austin restaurants to see what good food tastes like. I heard that they Finally changed their menu, but not soon enough for me!
Cool atmosphere, but poor value for the cost.

• Visited January 2013
Mililani, Hawaii
“Mediocre”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

First, this was a last minute decision, we were suppose to go to Austin for a friend's Birthday Dinner, but due to the weather we did not make it. Thus, we had to do some last minute scrambling to find a restuarant closer to home, we all pulled out our smart phones and did some googling, and according to reviews and ratings this was suppose to be a great restaurant. Hmmm... Not so much. I am a Filet Mignon lover, and will pay almost any price for it, but for the price it should have been better, and the atmosphere even better. The restaurant seemed a mediocre for the credit that it's been given, the ceiling seemed to be coming down above us, and the restrooms weren't a picnic either. I just feel like the for the prices on the menu they could've done a better job on the overall restaurant as well. Like maybe putting a restroom up stairs so large parties that are in the upstairs area don't have to go all the way down the stairs and up again in heels, and things of that nature. They should also take a tip on the restroom design from maybe the Cheesecake factory or something... definitely needs an upgrade.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cherrie H
Midland, Texas
“Great!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We went here to eat with our son and daughter in law because they told us how wonderful it was. They were correct. It was wonderful. We had the scallops and the oyster Rockefeller for the appetizers. They were delicious . Lobster bisque and bleu cheese wedge salad were next. It was wonderful. Then the tenderloin with the merlot and tenderloin with Oscar topping. WOW. Fabulous great night all around. Our waitress was Charlotte and she was delightful. So nice and friendly. Our son has had her several times when has been there and she is always that way. Good job

Visited July 2013