“The Crown Jewel of Central Texas”

Cheeves Bros Steak House
Ranked #11 of 175 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cheeves Bros. Steak House is a classic, upscale restaurant in downtown Temple, Texas. We pride ourselves on our USDA prime steaks and succulent seafood, warm hospitality and a refined atmosphere. Our award winning wine cellar with over 400 carefully selected wines and reserve bottles has received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for nine years. We serve lunch and dinner and offer HAPPY HOUR everyday in the bar. Enjoy1/2 priced drinks in the bar (excludes bottled wine). We proudly serve Starbucks coffee and are dessert menu is to die for.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My Teen Angel and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary with a trip to Cheeves. I knew it was going to be expensive but since it was a special occasion I was prepared for that. What I was not prepared for was the experience. The valet greeted us with a warm smile, opened my lady's door and wished us a wonderful evening. It was a great first impression. The hostess greeted us at the door, also with a warm smile and had us seated immediately. Becca, our server, was the ultimate in hospitality and professionalism. She was attentive, friendly, and gave us the best service we have ever experienced anywhere. When our meal was over, she presented the love of my life with a single, long stemmed rose and wished us a happy anniversary (I had only mentioned our anniversary in an email I sent to make the reservation. So it was a nice touch for Becca to call attention to our special occasion.) The service that we received, the incredible ambiance and atmosphere, and let's not forget - the five star cuisine, all added up to one special experience. Was it expensive? Yes. Was it worth it? You better believe it! All I can say is pony up and pay the Piper because Cheeves Brothers has them all beat - hands down. Needless to say, we will be back as often as our pocketbook will allow.

1  Thank Roy H
Rajee P, Manager at Cheeves Bros Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Roy,

Wow--thanks for the flattering compliments! Hearing about your experience brings a smile to my face. Our customers' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so treating you in a professional and "warming" manner is the least we could do.

I appreciate all you have to say. Being deemed "The Crown Jewel of Central Texas" is incredibly humbling! The team will be thrilled to see this. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a fabulous meal with our family on New Year's Eve. The meal was one of the best we have had anywhere and on a very busy nite our waitress was very professional and kept the meal flowing without a flaw. We were very impressed and to have enjoyed this "big city meal" in a smaller town with such perfection. Hats off to you Cheeves Brothers! And thank you to your entire staff.

Rajee P, Manager at Cheeves Bros Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

You're welcome, Shelley. Wow--it's great to hear how much you enjoyed dining with us. Knowing that your meal here was one of the best you've had anywhere puts a smile on my face! Thanks for your kind words. Impressing our customer is always our ultimate goal, so the team will be thrilled to see this.

What held you back from give us a 5/5 rating? If there's anything we could be doing better please don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love to hear more from you! See you next time.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Yes, it's tasty, but not that tasty! Lunch is expensive, but for an occasional treat, is okay. But dinner is outrageous ($100 for 2, no dessert, no wine, no salad - just steak).

1  Thank LBofTX
Rajee P, Manager at Cheeves Bros Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you've enjoyed our food--"tasty" is what we're going for! As for our prices, we're confident that they match the quality of food we have to offer, but I appreciate your feedback nonetheless. Hopefully we'll see you here again soon. I know we have what it takes to show you an excellent experience!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Cheeves Bros. Steak House has an excellent menu. The atmosphere is great for those special occassions. Their lunch menu is great and reasonable. Dinner menu is little pricey but like I said, great for special occassions. Staff is very nice and friendly.

Rajee P, Manager at Cheeves Bros Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thanks for your kind review. I'm glad you've enjoyed all we have to offer. We take pride in our diverse menu and inviting atmosphere, so your review makes me very happy! I appreciate you taking the time to review us. See you next time.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Reliable quality of food that rarely disappoints. Never make the mistake of visiting for valentine's day - you'll be sorely disappointed with the service and food. Sans that one day expect to be greeted with a dark and romantic atmosphere.

Rajee P, Manager at Cheeves Bros Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thanks for your kind review. It's great to hear our restaurant described as a "true oasis"--you sure know how to flatter us! I'm glad you've enjoyed all we have to offer. Rarely disappointing our customers is always our goal. I appreciate you taking the time to review us. See you next time!