“Not like most Hilton porperties ....”

Hilton Garden Inn Temple
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Norfolk, Ne
“Not like most Hilton porperties ....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

We have stayed at this property in past years, but the property maintenance and cleanliness is declining.
Our room 202 had carpet pulling away and shredding from the carpet strip at the bathroom door, and the corners in the bathroom were not clean.
The bed was very comfortable, and the staff were friendly.
Hilton Honors travellers expect cleaner and better maintained rooms.
This property was very nice in the past.
Neel was very friendly and tried to meet every need at check in.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

It has the basic amenities of the average Garden Inn. It is right across the street from the Hospital and near the highway and shopping for convenience.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I would definitely recommend it. The staff was so friendly, helpful and kind it really felt like home away from home. The beds were so comfortable I got great sleep. Neel was so welcoming and hospitable. I came accross the country to have surgery at Scott and White. Neel helped us with a map of the area and great suggestions of local restaurants (we did eat at the hotel a lot and the food was great especially The buttermilk pie). Neel helped get a wheelchair for me after surgery and met us at the car to help us. Whatever we needed he was ready to serve.
Linda in the restaurant made me a special chocolate shake the day I returned that was so thoughtful. Nancy was funny and so nice and always smiling. She was always kind and willing to help with whatever we needed. The housekeeping staff was always gracious and friendly and did an excellent job. It's so refreshing to not only have excellent service from everyone but also great to make friends with people who are genuine and truly make you feel at home. Thank you for making a positive difference in the lives you serve
every day.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff from top to bottom and bottom to top is the best I have ever encountered. We stayed at this hotel for 8 months doing very difficult work, and if it were not for the wonderful people and service at the Hilton Garden Inn in Temple Texas we would not have survived!

The staff is kind and considerate and you feel at home. The food is always good, and there are refreshing entrees that take you away from Texas, too, but if it's good Texas food that you are looking for, it's here, too.

I can't say enough about this hotel, the service and the people running all aspects of this fine establishment. It's in the middle of this great state. Give yourself a treat and stay for a great experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

I have stayed here twice. The first time, the room was warm, but not hot. The second time, we sweated all night. They even gave us a fan, which helped, but it was still hot. Their "energy saving" A/C system works about 6-8 minutes an hour. My wife is always cold, but not that night.
Other than the room temp, the hotel is nice. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is really good. The location is good. If you like it cool at night, consider somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

My husband's family traveled to Texas for my brother in law's wedding. There were @ 27 family members staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Most of us arrived on the same day (Sat. Aug 8th). As you can imagine it was quite a run on the front desk. Rooms were not ready for all of us and we were asked to check back @ 3 PM. One by one each couple received their room. My husband and I were the last to get our room. This didn't bother us as we knew we had a lot of people to get checked in. Norma at the front desk took it upon herself to upgrade my husband and I's room to a suite, at no extra charge. What impressed me is that we never said a word, or complained and Norma offered this to us anyway, very naturally. This indicates to me that the hotel IS very concerned that you have the best stay possible.
After the wedding reception, the entire clan descended upon the outside patio. With 27 of us, we were very loud and several people had various requests throughout the night. Julia was night front desk employee that night. She accommodated every request we had, from giving us a cable so we could plug in a computer outside, to helping us back into the hotel (once the automatic door locks kicked in for the night). Julia had a smile on her face the entire night and I will be the first to say she showed great patience with all of us.
It is hard to explain the courtesy and service we received. I am sure the above doesn't sound like much, but that is my lack of being able to express it very well. It is one of those "You had to be there" to completely understand the great service. However, I can tell you that I have never been this impressed with the constant courtesy and accomodation we received from the staff at this hotel, and my husband and I travel extensively.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2008

I attended a meeting of the Sons of the American Revolution there late in October. It was excellent for our purposes. They had sufficient meeting rooms for our needs and everything was clean, and attractive. The lady who was cleaning the floor for us gave us helpful and handy service in moving some materials. She was outstandingly helpful. Their exercise room, laundry and business space was excellent and they provided wi-fi and internet service at no charge. The breakfast was outstanding and a high point of the trip. The service there was prompt and excellent. I would recommend this for a stay or for a medium size conference.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)