“Hang On to Your Belongings”

Hilton Garden Inn Temple
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

It's a shame you can't leave your room & expect your belongings to be there when you return. And if you forget an item when you check out that that item will not be turned in to be reclaimed! Other than that, rooms were clean, food was great, service staff friendly & helpful, hotel easy to locate, all the good stuff! Just that Housekeeping is not vetting its staff as it should. I hope Housekeeping will immediately fire the person who took her children's clothing items (daughter was with us for a family reunion & we had secured a block of rooms for family from Alabama, California, Louisiana, & Texas).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Don,

I want you to know while some of this review is disappointing to read I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To answer your concern regarding your belongings, we conduct a background check on every candidate before they become a member of our team. I understand that Neel, our PM Operations Manager has handled your concerns during my absence and I appreciate his sense of urgency. While this kind of situation is unusual for our property please know that we are taking this matter very seriously and are conducting our own investigation as our guests safety and security is our top priority. We appreciate your business and hope that we can restore your confidence in us. I would normally insist on a full refund and offer to reimburse for the clothing however I believe Neel has already taken care of this for you. I look forward to following up with you personally.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is nicely appointed and clean. The proximity to Scott and White hospital was the reason for the stay and it was perfect. The staff was helpful. I would stay again if I was in the area. I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in Wichita, KS several months ago and I also had a excellent experience so I would stay at Garden Inns if the price and location were good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your review and your kind words regarding the hotel and staff. We appreciate your loyalty to the brand!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Everyone at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay the best. Personable and helpful manager and staff. Great location for access to Scott & White Clinic and hospital. This is a well-run hotel and a plus for Hilton Hotels.

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank for your commenting about the good customer service as this is so very important to us! Appreciate your comments as well regarding the dated decor, I am happy to share that we are planning a rooms renovation to begin later this year! I do hope you will come and visit us and see the beautiful changes. I have shared your comment about the hallways needing to be vacuumed with the Housekeeping Department Head as well. Regarding assistance with your bags, while we do not have dedicated staff for this service please ask for assistance next time. I am confident whomever you ask will gladly help you.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel had very good customer service. Décor seems a little dated and the main hallways seemed to need vacuuming when I arrived. Hotel staff very friendly and asking if anything needed. Inconvenient entrances as they were limited to 2. Would have liked some assistance with getting bags to and from the room and would have paid for that as well, but I do not believe that service was available.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello Johnnye,

Really enjoyed reading your review as you mentioned that everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make your stay the best! As the GM this is the only thing I can ask of the staff, I love to hear that we all did our part! Appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Hotels and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at. Staff is friendly. Location for Scott&White is great. The fruit infused water in the lobby is a nice touch. The neighborhood nearby is nice to walk through and there are restaurants within an easy walk or drive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello Debbie,

We are honored to be at the top of your list! Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the infused water, I must agree it is Yummy. Next time your here let us know what your favorite flavor is!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Always love to stay at HGI when we visit Temple. Staff is always awesome!!!!!!!!!! Clean rooms! Great pool and location is perfect for when we come visit family. We always feel so welcome when we come.

Hello Traveler,

Your review has made my day! I love this so much I want to coin the phrase "Always Awesome" instead of "Great Job"! Loved it and Thank you!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a very nice stay. Gloria at the front desk and Roberta our waitress for breakfast were especially great, but everyone there had a smile and were helpful. Would stay here again. Very good value for the money.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello Rhonda,

So happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us! We are fortunate to have wonderful staff like Roberta and Gloria to take care of our guests. Great to hear that you enjoyed all the smiling faces, this makes me smile! We look forward to the next visit.