“Prior reviews gave me great expectations”

Hilton Garden Inn Temple
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Houston, Texas
“Prior reviews gave me great expectations”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I chose this hotel for our stay in Temple souly on the reviews I read here on tripadvisor. I really expected a wonderful hotel. I can say that the staff there was friendly and the beds were comfortable, but this hotel was filthy. The floors were awful in all of the common areas and they werent much cleaner in our room. Maybe we caught the hotel on a busy weekend? The bathroom in our room was not spotless either. There are alot of hotel choices in this city and next time I will chose somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lale8605
GenMgrHGITempleTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Lale8605,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for expressing your feedback. While I appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff and comfortable beds, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the cleanliness issues you encountered. There is no question that exceptional cleanliness is a basic expectation here at the Hilton Garden Inn Temple - regardless of how busy we are. This situation is concerning, taken very seriously and is now being investigated to ensure that we do not have a repeat occurence. You can expect improvement.

As you have read from other guests who have stayed with us, we do take great pride in our high level service and the quality of facilities offered. Such that we can ensure that we have full information regarding your specific situation as well as do whatever it takes to regain your confidence in our hotel, please contact me at your convenience via my direct line 254-899-3901.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to speaking with you soon as well as to your next stay with us.
Eyal Kaczur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Good location especially if you need to be across the street from Scott and White Hospital.The lobby was very nice with a lot of meeting spaces. Our room was extremely clean with nice decor. Our only complaint was the bed. It felt like the memory foam mattress had lost its memory. Roomy bathroom and nice views.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank labucli517
GenMgrHGITempleTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear travel201008,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review about our property. While I am pleased to see that overall your stay was a good one, you can be sure that we will be investigating the issue found with your bed - taking measures to prevent similar issues in the future. Getting a great nights sleep is the primary reason for a guests stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issue encountered.

It is my intent to regain your confidence in all areas of the hotel. Please do contact me directly before your next visit to Temple such that we can ensure that your next stay is a perfect one!

Regards,
Eyal Kaczur - General Manager
254-899-3901
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Came here on a business trip. I only stayed one night, but it was a good place. Clean and comfortable. Desk clerk was very helpful and accommodating. Nice cooked-to-order breakfast was included in my room package.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GenMgrHGITempleTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear SteveinCH,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. Your comments will be shared with all staff and appropriate recognition given.

We appreciate your taking the time to relay your experience with us and look forward to your next stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Temple!
Converse, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is the sixth and final Hilton property stay during a grueling 11 day business trip across six states; and what a way to end the trip. This property is "the way it should look and feel like during every Hilton stay." Spent two nights there (20 - 21 May 12). Checked-in Sunday afternoon at 1445. We were warmly greeted; recognized as an Honors Gold member; had my preference of additional points already annotated on my room key folder; had a copy of the evening's menu in the folder; reminded me of the satisfaction gaurantee pledge; and directed us to the elevator. WOW! Picked up a cookie and off to the room. Our forth floor room (424-Jr Suite) was fantastic. We loved the extra space to get some business accomplished. Dining was also a great experience. Since it was relatively slow, we were able to substitute items and tell basically tell the staff what we wanted to eat and they cooked it for us with a smile. Our hostess even picked out the large pieces of bell pepper from my soup for me before serving it...how about that for customer service! Thanks. I've got to work on mastering the bed settings; that was my only distractor, but my fault for not asking. I went down for breakfast to get two bowls of fruit to take back to the room; ended up with two full-blown meals that I could barely carry back thanks to the dining room staff. I requested an extra desk chair; one was outside my door by the time I returned to the room. We did not use the pool or hot tub areas, but did look at them; it was very nice and clean. The hotel is ideally located about a mile and a half off I-35; is across the street from a large hospital, mall and many eateries. Every member of the staff we came into contact with was delightful...go there for that good ole "Texas Hospitality" you always hear and read about. I will definitely stay there again given the opportunity. Thanks for the great service and experience!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GenMgrHGITempleTX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear RozYNIA,

"the way it should look and feel like during every Hilton stay." I love this!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your recent experience with us. I am very fortunate to have a great staff and you can be sure that your comments will be shared with all. While I tend to look for the opportunities for improvement - coaching with my staff, in this case your review is textbook as to what we want each and every guest to experience relative to faciltiies and service. Okay, we should have explained at check in how to operate the adjustable bed too.... :)
As you have seen, we are proud of our Texas Hospitality and whether for business or pleasure look forward to serving you again soon.
Best Regards,
Eyal Kaczur - General Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been to this location several times and it's always the same. Clean, quiet, great food. Join HHonors and achieve Gold or diamond and breakfast is free. Nice location off Hwy. Near mall and resturants. Friendly and professional staff. Great hotel.

Room Tip: get a room in front of hotel. nice view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bent NM
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Probably the best of several chain hotels across the street from S&W hospital. It has an outstanding breakfast and the staff can keep up even during bus-tour overload. An average Hilton Garden Inn in other respects.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at the hotel. I was impressed with the cleanliness, the location, and the helpfulness of the staff. For a non-major urban center, this was about as good as it gets.

Room Tip: Nice comfy beds and pillows--good way-station.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business