“Lovely old fashioned store”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Strore Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: American
Dallas, Texas
“Lovely old fashioned store”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stopped on my way from Austin - old world charm and very crowded with tourists. Great service - I did not eat here but picked up a few things from the store.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ritz89

Texas
“Best Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

You can't beat Cracker Barrel for a good down-home breakfast. We sampled the Pecan Sticky Bun French Toast, which was huge and delicious, the Smokehouse Breakfast, and the Sunrise Sampler. Everything was served piping hot and delicious.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank jgt63
Dallas
“Keep driving”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I make a habit of stopping a Cracker Barrels because I know what to expect and I like them. However this one is just terrible. I have stopped here several times and the food is never good but this last trip it was just terrible. They did not have the first 3 meals I ordered because they were "out of some things". I then ordered chicken salad which was absolutely vile. It was large chunks of slimy chicken that smelled terrible. Even the waitress was embarrassed by it. I then asked for a BLT but it was pretty bad too. Soggy bread not toasted with 2 strips of limp bacon. It was all just strewn about my plate and not even put together like a sandwich. The waitress was very sweet so I did not want to make a big deal out of it so I just decided not to say anything else. I was charged for everything and no one other than the waitress offered an apology, explanation, or anything. The waitress did inform someone who may have been a manager who told her to tell us that "there are other things on the menu to choose from". I left cracker barrel hungry and that is sad! If your driving down I-35 and want to eat, keep driving to Georgetown and eat at the Monument. You will be glad you did.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank hhailey
Round Rock, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Grilled Cheese!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stopped in for an early dinner. Had the Parmesan crusted grilled cheese and soup. The grilled cheese was most excellent. (Wife thought so, too) The potato soup I had was not nearly as good. I thought it was too salty, but I may be sensitive to salt.

Wife had pancakes. They were delicious, too.

I would definitely have the grilled cheese again!

• Visited November 2013
Longview, Texas
“good place for lunch”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food is very good, but going right at noon might not be what you want to do...seemed a little slow getting food delivered but that can be overlooked because of many customers were there . I had the chef salad which was huge and very fresh. My waitress was attentive and . And I always enjoy browsing their "country store."

• Visited August 2013