“Good Food, Weird Service.”
Review of Megg's Cafe

Megg's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 164 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh. Seasonal. Local.
Temple, Texas
“Good Food, Weird Service.”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good modern breakfast fare. However our waitress really bothered me and I haven't gone back. Every time I would ask for a condiment, she would ask me why I needed it, as if I needed a good enough reason for her to make the trip. She scoffed at the idea I wanted syrup for my bacon and my sister wanted ketchup for her home style potatoes.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank AmyTexas85

Busan, South Korea
“Great, healthy food”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We like Megg's and have never had a problem with the service. The new decor is enjoyable. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. It's tough to find fresh, healthy dining this far north of Austin, and we're happy Megg's is here. Great bakery, too.

4 Thank Robbiedobs
south africa
“Not value for money but the meal was freshly made.”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Having had breakfast and lunch at Megg's I must say it was tasty food, freshly prepared but rather on the expensive side for what you got. The portions are small and the sandwiches not very ample for a hearty appetite. The bakery which adjoins the restaurant churns out fairly decent bread although their sourdough was disappointing. I have purchased just about every type of bread they make and the semolina would have to be the one I would recommend.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank cheryl n
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you look like the average Joe you will be treated differently”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My friend bragged about this place so, we went together. We must have looked as if we did not make much money because the wait staff treated us much differently than other patrons, we were given that table right where you walk into the dinning area, such a sad spot. Then a menu was thrown at us. We excused that because my friend said the food was great. I ordered coffee and the Belgian waffle with sausage and egg. The coffee was so strong it was nasty. The waffle was dried out and had way too many blueberries on it. The egg was runny. We both returned the coffee, I took 2 bites of my food and was done. My friend had eggs Benedict and she said it was not as good as usual. She apologized to me for bringing me there and said she did not understand what had happened to the place. Get rid of snootie staff and teach the cook to cook. Prices are in need of a check also. This place is not all that.

• Visited September 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Unhappy Soldier”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

very slow service and the staff has no proffesional skills. I will not patronize this place and will not advise anyone to visit. The food was cold and tasteless.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank pittbul68

Been to Megg's Cafe? Share your experiences!