“If looking for a non-chain place to eat---this is it!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wes' Burger Shack
Ranked #3 of 160 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve breakfast from 7 am till 945 am. lunch is from 10am till 3pm
College Station, Texas
“If looking for a non-chain place to eat---this is it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to Temple for Dr appt; wanted to eat at a place that we don't have. I googled restaurants and Wes' came up with great reviews, so we decided to give it a try! We were not disappointed at all! As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the friendly staff. Our waitress was very friendly & fast. Husband had the hamburger steak & I had chicken fried steak...both were so yummy!! Wes, the owner, walked around and talked to the customers---I really liked that!! You know it's a great local place to eat when there are police officers and sheriffs eating there!! We will be back & will tell anyone traveling through Temple to stop! Thanks Wes for taking time to talk to us & for making great food & hiring friendly staff!

• Visited July 2013

“Great place downtown.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Burgers and more here at this place downtown. Great for kids or large groups. Had a burger and it was very tasty. Onion rings were very good also.

• Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We actually found this place by reading the reviews on trip advisor. If you want good food at a reasonable price then this is the place to go. It is a typical home town cafe just off of the square in Temple. We could tell when we when in that it was a predominantly local crowd. Everyone seemed to know each other. It is not a fancy place but it has a great small town cafe atmosphere. The service was very prompt and friendly. The special that day was catfish or shrimp but we opted to get the hamburger. It was an old fashioned hamburger that was great! We also ordered onion rings, fried jalepeno slices, and fried mushrooms to go along with the burgers and they were great also. I will definitely go back if I am in the neighborhood around lunch time but don't expect to get dinner there. They are only open from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm on Monday through Friday.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank tlb_teach
Temple, Texas, United States
“Good burgers, but a chef salad it is not....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place is home to the locals, and I am a local, I would definitely come here for a home style burger, but as far as the "chef salad" , no I don't think I'll be paying $5 for a soup bowl of lettuce. A chef's salad to me is having ham, turkey, egg, and cheese. I would also suggest buying serving trays for the waitresses so they won't have to hold my beverage against their clothes.

It's a great place with a lot of business, don't get me wrong, but if your looking to get a good salad here... You will be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank GTO77
Wesshack, Owner at Wes' Burger Shack, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
thank you for your review. after I read this review I had a meeting with all my staff and made all the girls make me a chef salad. our chef salads should come with lettuce tomato, pickle, cheese and choice of meat ( ham, chicken or bacon)and a half of a boiled egg. all six salads came out this way when I had them make them. I cant explain what happened that day but I will gladly get you another salad and I truly thank you for letting me know this happened. hope to see you again in the future and I'm sorry it took so long to respond to this I just now learned how to respond. thanks again Wes
“Little hole in the wall of the Town Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great place. You will be hard pressed to find a seat because the locals are loyal to Wes.
Burgers are top notch, hamburger steak is awesome and the chicken fried steak is huge. The have deep fried jalapeno slices pickles, mushrooms, etc... You will not have a bad meal here.

• Visited April 2013