“Greasy, Greasy,Greasy”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
central tx
“Greasy, Greasy,Greasy”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Greasy,Greasy,Greasy, This has got to be the most unhealthy place to eat in Texas,My wife refuses to go there with me, so I don't eat there.

Visited January 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“Best onion rings I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I travel to the Temple-Belton area once a year and a lunch stop at Chuck's is the last thing I always do on the way out of town. Great prices - made even better if you order off the senior price list - for delicious melt-in-your mouth barbecue. I have never eaten such large, great-tasting onion rings as the ones at Chuck's. Always a pleaser!

• Visited June 2012
Dallas, Texas
“It's a locals place for real BAr B Q and grandma's cobbler.”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Worked in Temple for a few months. The Pea Ridge made me feel right at home. It's a small mom and pop type place with some real nice folks serving good old southern food. Lick your fingers twice kinda good. Generous Portions. Always took half home. But honestly just couldn't pass up the homemade banana pudding pie... Call and ask Chuck what day he's planning on making it. The blackberry cobbler made feel I was at my grandmas table. And it's a low key place. With alot of regulars and take outs. Try it out if your passing through. Glad I did.

• Visited November 2011
Lewisville, Texas
“Simple restaurant with good food at great prices”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My wife and I recently moved to Temple, Texas. We noticed that the parking lot at lunch and dinner-time for Chuck's was always busy. We ate there recently and now know why.

The food and service were great. Chuck's is an unpretentious place with simple tables and Texas decor. The food is "high-class" diner quality and the service was fast and courteous.

My wife had the rib-eye and I had one of their barbecue samplers. Both were excellent, especially for the price ($14 for the rib-eye and $10 for the sampler.) The sides and salads were ample and very good.

There was a constant stream of patrons coming in and out, both for dining and take-out. We will be back and I would recommend the place highly.