“Great Italian food and wine....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pignetti's

Pignetti's
Reserve with OpenTable
Pignetti's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Temple, Texas
“Great Italian food and wine....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love the food--great Italian food. You can't beat the service. We love sitting with any of the waiters there, but our favorite is Sabreana.
You can't beat steak night on Tuesdays (family night).
My favorite dessert is creme brule--you can't get enough!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CariSB9671

Houston
“Good Food - Terrible Waiter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went on a Friday night, yes they were busy, but the restaurant is small. The tables are so close that I felt like I could hear the conversation better at the table behind me than at my own. We ordered a bottle of white wine. The waiter brought us our wine poured us a glass and stuck it under his armpit as he took our order. He then explained that everything was screwed up at the restaurant but it was not his fault. He walked away taking our bottle of wine. We finished our wine and then he brought the salads, forgetting mine. I thought maybe he was just busy and it would be coming. Finally I asked if I was getting my salad he told me I had not ordered a salad, wrong! He then waited for all our wine glasses to be empty before returning with our wine. I felt like he was rationing out my wine and I wondered who else might being served from our bottle.

I must say the food was excellent but it has been 11 years since I have eaten at Pignetti's and with memories like last night it will be another 11 years. Maybe I will be back sooner if they get a carry out window. When I go to what I expect to be a "premium" italian restaurant I expect "premium" service. My waiter should have tipped me.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Warren S
Salado, Texas
“One of our local favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

They have a good menu with many different options. The atmosphere is very good for a relaxed meal and they have a nice wine list.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dennis M
Temple, Texas
“It has it's moments!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I really like eating here but I haven't always loved everything I've gotten. (I wasn't a fan of their fettuccini alfredo, which is usually my go-to at Italian restaurants. BUT I've started ordering the butternut squash ravioli and I love it.) The atmosphere is nice, they have a good wine selection, and some yummy desserts. Overall it's a winner, but it probably wouldn't be a standout place if it wasn't located in Temple where the restaurant options are somewhat limited.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank JaneCHD
Waco, Texas
“Absolutely Perfect Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

And Anniversary=Free Dessert.

Seriously great service to start with: The owner greeted us, the manager greeted us, and the hostess greeted us as we entered. I could immediately see evidence of the owners reputation for loving wine--cases of great labels are stacked about everywhere. The wine list isn't a list--it is a wine Ipad. you can search it, and it is also well organized for browsing with tabs for types of wine.

What a nice, well balanced menu -- my wife had an excellent tender steak; I had the chicken parmesan--both excellent and the chicken is really a nice bargain at $14. A great glass of Beaujolais was $7. Salad was $8. You can go up from there, of course, the steak was $24.

The water magically filed itself (the waiters are all dressed as ninja's) the bread was replaced, substitutions were cheerfully made. Our waitress was on it, and there was always someone watching to make sure we were happy.

Dessert was super as well, even the coffee was good. We didn't want for anything and the food couldn't have been any better. Just a great experience.

• Visited May 2014