“A pleasant stay.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We chose the Country Inn & Suites because of it's location and cost. We were very satisfied with the facilities and the value. The breakfast was quite extensive and my only criticism is that the scrambled eggs were made from some mix or something, but definitely were not made from fresh eggs. I understand the reason, but I needed to find something to complain about, right? :-) The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean, but the decor is a bit dated. We would stay there again if the need arises.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the first floor or near an elevator to minimize the walking. They gave u...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Ernie0528,
Thank you so much for your review of the Country Inn & Suites Temple. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that our eggs were not to your liking. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Temple.

Kind thanks,
Shelly L.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My best friends & I had to go to Temple, Texas for doctor appointments in June & July, 2013. During one visit we were told he had cancer, had to return for surgery & follow up appointments. Very stressful visits & stays, but the staff at this property were so awesome to & for us! The property was so clean & luxurious as well as staff courteous & helpful! There was more than one occasion there were tablets, money, etc., left out while we went to hospital that there was opportunity for things to be stolen. Instead, the person that cleaned the rooms tucked the tablets & money up under the edge of my bed linens where it was hidden out of plain sight but I was able to see it when I finished turning down the covers! I just can't praise this property enough!! That has been my best experience EVER with any hotel/motel stay & I would eagerly stay there again anytime!!

Room Tip: Tell staff when making (or checking in) into the room what your reason for the stay is & if ther...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear NanaShell,
Thank you for all your compliments regarding our staff and hotel. I am so glad you were able to experience the professionalism of our staff during a very critical hospital visit. On behalf of our entire staff we thank you and want to wish your friend a very speedy recovery. If you find yourself back in Temple we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My kids and I stayed here and had a great experience, the employees were nice, my kids loved the inside pool and hot tub, and the breakfast was great! Would definitely stay there again , my kids are 7 and 4 and they even loved the hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Mollieja,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to hear that you were able to experience the pool and spa and that the complimentary breakfast was enjoyable for you. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time your travels bring you back to Temple.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in room 122 of the Country Inn & Suites in Temple, TX the night of August 27, 2013. When I arrived earlier than the official check-in time, the manager Shelly Lugo checked with housekeeping and found my room was ready so she checked me in. This was much appreciated. My room was at the end of the hall on the main floor. I found the room (a king bed) to be very clean, with plenty of pillows, a good hair dryer, a clock radio and flat screen tv. And the air conditioner works well! They provide a complimentary breakfast which is not unusual, but this hotel uses real dishes, glasses, and silverware...no Styrofoam and plastic! The lady who takes care of the breakfast is very pleasant and helpful..checking with everyone to see if they needed anything else. A USA Today newspaper is provided on each table. I can highly recommend this Country Inn & Suites to anyone going to Temple, TX, and I plan to stay there the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Room 122 is at the end of the hall. No guest room next door and only 3 or 4 rooms across the hall. V...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Patnf,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We love to see when our guests are able to experience all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We are thrilled to see that Shelly was able to accommodate your early check-in request. Our guests' comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I decided to stay here while in town for my Dad's VA appointments based on reviews here. I was nervous because I almost always stay at Marriott properties. I am SO glad that I did. This place is wonderful. Very clean, updated, modern with everything you could need. Our double queen had a microwave and frig. They kindly let us check in early so my Dad could get some rest after his morning procedure. The breakfast was AWESOME! By far, the best of any free breakfast I've had a hotel of this level. Actually, it was better than some I've had at higher level hotels. We will be staying here every time we come to Temple from now on!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great rate, very clean well appointed room.
Close to hospital destination.
Very complete free breakfast.
Exercise room, indoor pool & hot tub.
Very pleasant staff.
Only negative is single narrow, easy to miss entrance - check directions first
Best extra - great fresh cookies

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Country Inn and Suites in Temple used to be a Hampton Inn. Now they provide the same OR BETTER service at a greater value. The staff was 4.0 from initial phone contact to check out. Even the breakfast was excellent. Hampton Inn would have charged about $150 for what I got for under $100 with no add on charges. WELL DONE!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business