“Cold beer...good food.”
Review of Randy's Ice House

Randy's Ice House
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Taylor
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I went for a Sunday motorcycle ride and ended up in Taylor, Texas where we found Randy's Icehouse. We got there a few minutes before their noon opening time, so we sat on one of the picnic tables in the front and enjoyed the beautiful day. The front door opened promptly at noon, so we went in and had a cold beer. My wife ordered a cheeseburger (which she said was one of the best she had ever eaten), and I had some outstanding chicken strips. The atmosphere was relaxed, prices were very reasonable, and the service was prompt and friendly. We will definitely be stopping there again!

1  Thank JBEIV

Reviewed March 11, 2014

These guys need an extra star! I've been living in Taylor for several years and can't believe I just recently discovered this magical place called Randy's Ice House. Let me just begin by saying there aren't enough words to describe how fantastic this place is in every way. Been there 4 times within the last month!

ATMOSPHERE and SERVICE:
From the moment you walk in on the rustic wooden floors you are taken in by the sights, sounds and smells of an old school bar & grill, western restaurant, and place of enjoyment. You are immediately greeted with smiles and warmth from the staff at Randy's, as well as, the generally large crowd already having fun in the building. We are always promptly seated and the waiter/waitress has our drinks and "accessories" out to the table in a snap, and we are well attended to from that point forward.

FOOD:
I don't even know where to begin except by using the word, EXCELLENT! As said before, we've been there 4 times now, trying out new things on the menu to get a feel for many different offerings. Without exaggeration, each and every thing we have ordered has been near perfect in every way and the portion sizes are so large they could easily feed two hungry people.

The chicken fried steak is definitely in the top 3 I have ever tasted,... ever. As stated before, it is HUGE, and the batter is perfect. Golden crispy crust, yet not too "caked", meat is 100% round steak around 1/2" thick and so tender you can cut it with a fork, and a white cream gravy that is absolutely perfect and delicious! Their chicken tenders must be from some Amazonian Super Chicken....lol, because the size of these things are unbelievable. Same taste and presentation rating as the CFS, just wonderful.

Won't describe in detail each and everything we have tried, but here are a few that are equally worth mentioning that we've so enjoyed: Fried Mushrooms, Baked Potatoes/Fries, Taco Salad (Their homemade salsa/pico de guillo is crazy good and fresh), Chicken Quesadillas (Wow, so good), Stuffed Jalapenos with either cream or cheddar cheese).

SUMMATION:
By this time you should get the point. We have eaten at every restaurant in Taylor, and surprisingly, there are many, and Randy's Ice House is by far our #1 Top Pick. Hands down the Blue Ribbon winner! If you live in or just passing through, it will be well worth your time and money to stop in to Randy's and try one of their out of this world dishes. You will thank me!

RLE