“Great”

Cuisines: Mexican
Austin, Texas
“Great”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have been here several times as I commute from Austin to work in Taylor but have several lunch meetings here. I have been many times and would give it 5 stars but when I last went for a lunch meeting the service was slow and was not impressed with my meal. I hope this is not the norm with this establishment, it doesn't seem to be.

Visited April 2014

“Yum! Just had a great breakfast -- again!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had been here before months ago, but I had ordered tacos. They were good. Today I had the huevos rancheros and I am so happy I did. The eggs are cooked and place on a corn tortilla and the sauce is ladled over that. It is very mild sauce (not spicy at all) but the combination of texture and flavor is exactly what I enjoy. This plate also has one strip of bacon, potatoes and refried beans to complete the meal. All this and tortillas for $4.99! I will be back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank LFROMTX
Taylor, Texas
“Going down hill...used to be good.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The place used to have good food. SOME of the food was "good". Not great, but good. Now they are using a lot of pre-cooked/frozen items. They are NOT cooking their fajita meat fresh. The rice has been crunchy...the salsa is never the same. The service is no better than the food. I have been here 4 times since the end of October, because one of my family members likes ONE item on their menu (a burrito covered in cheese) and has insisted that I go with her. I didn't want to hurt her feeling by telling her the place was DISGUSTING. My family took me there for my birthday (I almost cried! Again, didn't want to hurt feelings!). I ordered "beef fajita nacho's", thought they couldn't possibly screw that up...WRONG! Their pre-cooked meat tasted VERY "green". I picked it off and tried to eat some of the rest of the mess, but just couldn't do it. YUK! ALso their annoying"strolling mariachi" played the same 4 tunes over and over...one of the songs was "twinkle twinkle little star"! I guess their budget is hurting REALLY bad! Don't go here folks

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“What a Wonderful Surprise!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Taylor is not exactly a destination town, and we made this great find purely by accident. This family restaurant, however, has such great Mexican food, along with good service and old-fashioned prices, that I consider it well worth the trip. My friend and I were both very happy and vowed to go back soon.

• Visited October 2012