“The best hotel in town.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sweetwater
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My sister and I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The decor was modern with clean lines, and the room was very comfortable. My room faced the highway which was a bit loud, so I'd suggest requesting a room on the opposite side.

The fitness center had a treadmill, elliptical and bicycle, which was great to avoid exercising outside when it was 100 degrees, but it did get a bit hot in the small room.

The breakfast buffet offered cereal, baked goods, fresh coffee and juice, and hot dishes including pancakes on demand out of a fancy machine.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for south-facing room to avoid highway noise.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cgbrown13

Reviewed December 2, 2010

This is an average older HEI. I've stayed in many that are nicer and some not as nice. The lobby and some of the furnishings were new, but the TVs were old and rooms could definitely use paint, caulk, etc. I'd probably do some more searching if in the area again but wouldn't be totally opposed to staying here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2010

After hitting a deer and wrecking my car while on vacation with 3 children, my husband arranged a room for us at HI Express in Sweetwater, TX. When we arrived, the night staff "rolled out the red carpet" for us. They had been made aware of the accident, and had prepared "goody" bags for all of us, delivered our luggage to our room, and delivered hot tea, warm cookies, and milk to our room. The staff were responsible for giving 3 very rattled girls a happy ending to their first night of vacation. We were so grateful for their West Texas hospitality.

Our room was very cozy and roomy, the beds were comfortable, and the free hot breakfast was delicious and enjoyed by all.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel once a month for over a year and so I guess I can give a long term opinion on the place.
The towels and sheets are possibly the originals from when the hotel was new, the towels are no longer fluffy and some are well past their 'sell by date' the sheets are sometimes yellow and no longer white as they should be.
The toilet paper is probably bought at the dollar store (its thin and rough)
The choice for breakfast isnt realy a choice as only 1 kind of meat is available either greasy bacon or dry sausage, many times the dishes are almost empty with no member of staff to request more from.
There used to be free local papers morning and evening, I guess as a cost cutting measure both have now been stopped.
The managers evening buffet is a joke, unless you are there at the time the food is put out forget it, its all gone.
The rear door which should only open with your room key is open all the time, the manager was informed of this 2 weeks ago and it is still not fixed.
The elevator safety certificate ran out 4 months ago.
Don't look forward to an afternoon nap, your room may not have been cleaned, I experienced a housekeeper at 7pm cleaning my room!!
The room was not dusted or vacuumed in the 2 weeks I was there.
The owners looks like they do not want to spend any money keeping the place up to the usual Holiday Inn standards
This is my last visit to this hotel, I'll be staying next door at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank UK_Expat53
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We very very happy with our stay, The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was a little slim, but what we had was good.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Great hotel and excellent price for an evening. continental breakfast was very good and entire area and hotel was clean and well kept.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed here on our way to my mother-in-law's funeral. We used priority reward points for a free night. The staff went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. They gave each one of us a priority goody bag upon arrival. The rooms were clean and neat. This is a brand new hotel and it shows! Everything clean and new. We asked for recommendations for a restaurant and were directed to Skeets next door. We greatly enjoyed the restaurant--loved the food. My kids raved about it and want to return if we go by there again! We enjoyed the pool and fitness area. Upon checking out the next day, we were all given bottles of water for our trip. It was a very agreeable stay. We plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family