“A decent place - somewhere to sleep & shower - average”
Review of Budget Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sweetwater
Budget Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Sweetwater
Desert Southwest
“A decent place - somewhere to sleep & shower - average”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We were pretty tire when we got here and we left early the next morning so I really have to say I don't remember much. In other words, it made no impression either way. Just an average place to lay your head and have a hot shower. We didn't get a parking space near our room and had to cross the parking lot (not far though).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank casersfam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Austin, TX
Reviewed December 3, 2008

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. There were chunks of mold under the sink in the bathroom. We had to disinfect the whole bathroom before we would ever consider using it. We thankfully brought our own pillows and blanket. It was inexcusable to say the least.

The front office had the most unfriendly person...highly unusual for the State of Texas. On checking out there was no thank you or how was your stay.

The outside stairs are falling apart. If we would have arrived during daylight hours, we would have never spent one minute in that room As it was we arrived late and were exhausted from travel into a smelly disgusting place. .

A terrible experience!!! Years ago Motel 6 was known for its cleanliness and reasonable prices. We hadn't stayed at one for many years and we know why. We will never stay there again and feel we should be compensated. We recommend that no human ever stay there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chicken1Austin_TX

Travelers are raving about these Sweetwater hotels

Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2007

There were bugs in the bed, the matress had holes and stains on aver them and looked like they came out of a dump, there was something all over the walls and shower curtin and the carpet smelled like mold. Will never stay at any motel 6 again

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Morgan
Reviewed July 15, 2007

On July 13th thru July 14th and we left on July 15th AM. I can say that this hotel was the most awful stay nasty I have never seen nothing like this. We were their for a church reunion.
When I opened up my room it was a shocker, it's a type of motel you see on T.V. where the HOOKERS! stay. The beds NASTY, well the whole room. Bed spreads had holes in them, I pull them back and the blanket had cig's burns all in them! I called up to the desk and told them they needed to bring a new bed spread and blanket along with sheets for both beds, they lady told me she would need to ask her mgr. Well a lady came to the room and only brought 1 blanket! I ask why they would put dirty sheets and ect... on the beds, and she said that they always get stolen, and that is why the put the dirty ones back on!! NOW I KNOW THE PRICE WAS CHEAP, BUT CHEAP DOES NOT MEAN TOO BE NASTY!.I found beer cans under neath my bed, and who know's what else! I under stand that is MOTEL 6 is privatley owned! and it's not AMERICAN OWNED! The housekeeper was nasty, and her cart was nasty! We would have went to another hotel, however they were ALL BOOKED!. I know You may not but this in the review, and that is fine, but I am writing too the Sweetwater paper, and I have contacted them! And when we went to check in there was not anyone around except a 5 y/o boy by the name of Nig what a name! The little boy came to the front desk and said he did not know where his mom and dad were. Well we had to go and fine the mom after about 20 mins of standing trying to check in! If I was the CEO of Motel 6 or Accor hotels I would not be pround to have the LOGO of Motel 6 with these folks! Shame on the owners!!! We will never ever stay in a motel 6 or one that is associated with Motel 6. Next time I will look before I stay! EKKKKK!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Nasty rooms, nasty employee's, nasty bathroom and they beds!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2006

Comfortable, clean and quiet. Would stay there again.

Good breakfast available next door.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 25, 2002

Recently while staying at the Motel 6 in Sweetwater texas, I was placed in a room with a non-working toilet to start with. Then as I looked around the room, there were roaches everywhere. My 5 year old was in the 2nd bed and I woke up in the night to find bugs crawling on him. As if this was not all bad enough, I was in the room for 2 nights and in the afternoon on the second day, I returned to the room for a change of clothes and relaxation. I walked up the stairs and to the room only to find the door open, and children sprawled out on the beds with the TV as loud as it would go! It was completly disgusting to me!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member