“Best Eggs Ranchero Sauce Ever on their Free Breakfast!”

La Quinta Inn Sweetwater
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We chose the hotel because they are pet friendly (no deposit required!). We were also surpised and teh negative reviews. The rooms have been recently renovated- marble in bathrooms and you could tell recently painted. The beds were great. The front desk staff were very helpful - they put us about as far aawy from traffic as possible- without our even asking! BUT the highlight of the event was Cruz's homemade ranchero sauce at thier free hot breakfast. It was fabulous just by itslef- even better on scrambled eggs! [We knew for sure we were back in Texas!! :) ] The price ($114) seemed a little high but with a newly renovated room, free hot breakfast and no extra charge for our dog, we felt it was well worthwhile. Would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back which will be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Sweetwater

Reviewed February 22, 2013

stayed here Feb. 19th & 20th, 2013. This place awful, the room smelled terrible, no vent fans in bathroom just a hole cut in wall which has mold growing around it, they allow dogs which I don't mind but a large one barked all night, complained to the front desk and was told they could not inforce their own rules, no phone books in rooms, was told they took them out because no one uses them anymore, one small bar of soap in the room and towels and washcloths stained and yellow looking, bed was clean but linens and comforters need replaced they are old and shabby. Their rate is entirely to high!!! This is a one star motel at best, Stay someplace else!!! The interior walls are starting to crumble and there are cracks in the tile floors they do not look clean! Was here to attend a funeral for a family member in Sweetwater.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have to admit, I am extremely surprised to see all of the negative reviews on here. I stay in Sweetwater every time I go to visit family in Oklahoma (it's basically the halfway point for us) and I always stay at this LaQuinta. I have NEVER had any problems with the staff, they have always been very kind and helpful.

They ARE in the midst of some pretty heavy renovations. We're not just talking painting, etc. When I was just through at the middle and end of November, they were working on their breakfast room, and they had the jackhammers going the morning we checked out. They appear to be doing a COMPLETE overhaul, which (I assume) will eventually include the rooms. Admittedly, I don't know for certain, but I will be staying there again in a couple of weeks and will try to remember to ask.

I have never tried the pool, so I can't make any assertions on that.

I have never had a dirty room, and nothing has ever happened to my car. The rooms certainly aren't anything particularly special, but I don't think they're bad, either. They match up pretty well with most other motels I have stayed at.

I have stayed at this LQ eight times in the past two years, and will be tacking on numbers 9 and 10 this month.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Waco, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here in early August and when I walked into the room I was stunned. The carpet was torn, the place smelled, there was something sticky all over the desk (so I could not use my laptop there), a light was not working, the refrigerator was not working, and the walls were marked up everywhere.

On the outside they claim they were "renovating" (read - painting) and had taped plastic over the windows - however the plastic on many windows was ripped and just blew around all night with the noise making it difficult to sleep. With the refrigerator not working I went to reception to ask if they could put some perishable medicine in their refrigerator for me and to my surprise I was told, "No we don't do that." They repeatedly refused to do so.

The "hotel" is in a very ugly part of (an unattractive) town and I did not feel safe about having my car parked in back. (You will note that others report having been broken into.) At any given time there were 2-6 stray cats on the property and various people sitting outside getting drunk. The pool is dirty and I would not even let my dogs swim in it.

It was too late that night to go to another hotel but I want to make sure no one else has to experience this place. It may likely be the worst place I have stayed in the developed world in 30 years of travelling.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank bluemouse
Reviewed August 11, 2012

WHAT A DUMP! Room was dirty, musty, mildew on the walls, carpet was filthy & sticky, a/c was noisy and did not cool, shower didn't work. Know why it is call La Quinta because they "take the 5th". Will NEVER stay @ LQ again and will be telling everyone I know who is traveling to STAY CLEAR!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
3  Thank chulea
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel is undergoing renovations, however the pool is experiencing "sickness" as diagnosed by my 5 year old. The recirculating pump is either not working or working badly and the stagnant water is creating a bacterial wonderland. We unfortunately tried it before noticing the water. We reported the problem, but the issues remain. The rate is very comparable to other hotels in the area, and the staff is friendly. There is ample parking as has been described earlier. The rooms are relatively clean, but our carpet was apalling and a black substance accumulated on our socks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family