“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ocean Village Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surfside Beach
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I just returned from my trip to Ocean Village Hotel yesterday (12/23/12) and I was very happy with my stay. The staff, although a little difficult to reach via phone to reserve a room, was very friendly and accomidating. From the website and the pictures, I expected a somewhat larger hotel but what it lacked in size, it made up for in how cozy and clean it was. I proposed to my girlfriend (now fiance) the first night we arrived and we enjoyed a very relaxing weekend walking the beach and exploring the quiet, sleepy little place that is Surfside Beach. We often had to remind ourselves that we were still in Texas and not Florida or Hawaii. To my fiance and I, the hotel only had two downsides - The shower and bath tub were a little on the small side for a honeymoon suite and there is a glass window, although blurry, between the bathroom and the bed. These are both very minor flaws to, in my opinion, an overall fantastic hotel. If you're looking for a Double Tree, Holiday Inn or similar, you will want to keep moving but if you're looking for a quiet, cozy, clean, romantic, beachside getaway for you, your family, and/or your signficant other - Ocean Village Hotel is the place to go. Also, if you can, be sure to get a room with windows or a balcony facing the ocean - the sunrises are absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: Get a room with windows or balcony facing the ocean for a beautiful sunrise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Reyn D
Phyllis P, Marketing Coordinating at Ocean Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

I'm so glad that y'all had a wonderful stay with us! And congrats on your engagement! We have solved the issue with our phone system through AT&T and we do apologize about you having a little trouble getting in touch with us. In the future if you would like a honeymoon suite with a large garden tub our new building has two available. Thank you for giving us your feedback about your stay and we hope that you return again....Maybe for your honeymoon! :)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am a resident of a Beach Community close to Ocean Village Hotel and Resort. Our family and friends always enjoy the food and the hospitality at the the Restaurant. I am the Chief Operating Officer of a major Oil field equipment firm and when I take our clients there, they are always impressed. KC and Sarah make absolutely fabulous food. Stephanie the cashier is always friendly and always helpful. If anyone gets close to Surfside Texas, the restaurant at Ocean Village Hotel is worth going out of your way for.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dan R
Phyllis P, Marketing Coordinator at Ocean Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for giving us your feedback! We are glad to hear that you had an awesome experience. We are adding some new things to our menu by March so you should come visit again and try our new items!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went here for a wedding,it was a great expeerience.. I would recommend this place to everyone
The wedding was on the beach in front of the Hotel it was beatifull.
Great location.. nice to have bar and restraunt on site.. The restraunt staff was very friendly as well as the front desk clerk.............Courtney.......she was very helpfull and friendly always smiling..

Room Tip: choose an odd number room for better view of beach
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mary B

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are happy to hear that the staff was friendly and took care of you. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I stumbled across this hotel on this web site by chance, decided to stay. We figured why not, it was so enjoyable to be right on the beach! The people were super friendly, Elissa and Courtney! The food at the cafe was very impressive and surprising!! We are with out a doubt going back!! A major plus the beach is very clean (not a lot of seaweed and trash) surprising for being a Texas beach :)

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Jannarevet
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The people here are awesome...Carmen is a wonderful housekeeper and she was so helpful to us...WE LOVE HER !!! We will for sure be telling all of our family and friends about this place and the wonderful people here.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank micheleborres
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just got back from weekend trip to Surfside Beach at Ocean Village. Hotel was nice and clean. Loved being right on the beach and within walking distance to restaurants. Everyone on island was super nice.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connie N
Phyllis P, Marketing Coordinator at Ocean Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for staying with us for your weekend trip. I'm glad to hear that you had a great experience and we appreciate your comments. I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went to visit our Son in Clute which is a few miles from Surfside. My Son suggested we stay in Surfside by the Gulf. I saw this place on the internet thought we would stay a night. We ended up staying 3 nights. There are two parts to this Hotel. We stayed in the old one our first night. It has been updated and was very clean. Had a private deck but we enjoyed the community deck much better. We booked for the second night in a different room. When checking back in, we were upgraded to the honeymoon room in the newer building because the TV service in the room we were to stay in was out. The newer building has also very nice and real clean. The front desk staff and cleaning people were very warm and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay there again when we visit our Son, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tambaker
Gilbert M, General Manager at Ocean Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for the feedback. I am so glad we were able to respond and act on your issues while staying with us. We look foward to your next stay and hope it is very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfside Beach
TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson Clute
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
#3 of 7 in Lake Jackson

Been to Ocean Village Hotel? Share your experiences!