“Great Tex Mex”

Cuisines: Mexican
Natchitoches, Louisiana
“Great Tex Mex”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We really enjoyed the food, we had many differnet items from their menu. They were all good. The service was excellent. drinks were always kept full and you never ran out of salsa.

Visited August 2013

Sulphur Springs, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good Tex Mex!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is nice every time I stop in and eat. Very consistent taste yet still homemade. Nice staff too! Can't go wrong. Quesidillas very good and the fajitas are awesome as well.

• Visited July 2013
Texas
“Mexican+”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Best place ever. Not fancy, not stuffed with Tex-Mex decor junk but clean and authentic, great food! I eat a lot of Mexican food because of a family who loves it but ... I'm not a huge Mexican food fan myself. On our way home from a trip last month, we were set to go to another restaurant in town when my brother said that I really should try Tierra del Sol (it's not "Sel") instead. It didn't make a difference to me because really, I think most Mexican tastes the same. NOT here! Friendly, helpful staff steered me to the Paty's Enchiladas, an avocado enchilada with a tomato/cilantro sauce. . I was hesitant but LOVE at first bite! So much so, that last night ... we drove over an hour out of way home on a trip to eat there again because we were all having cravings. Clean, friendly and best authentic, family-owned Mexican I've ever had! And ... check out their homemade 25-cent pralines at the checkout register. Oh, my ... !

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank TX_Wend
Austin, Texas
“True TexMex with authentic Mexico flair”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

When you travel between Dallas and points east on IH30, skip the chains and find Tierra del Sol. They are just off the highway - take the Broadway exit. This locally owned gem is on the south side, just east of Broadway. Rather than the usual steam table "Mexican food", you'll find homemade refried beans and tortillas, terrific salsas and tasty unique recipes. All the usual enchilada, fajita and combo dishes are there too but try their specialties. You won't be disappointed AND the service is wonderful - they still smile and thank you for visiting!

• Visited April 2013