“Surprisingly good!”
Review of Juan Pablo's

Juan Pablo's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stopping thru Suplur Springs on a trip, we stopped here for dinner on a Friday night. The menu was extensive. I ordered a combination plate and asked for a substitution, which was allowed and at no additional expense. I had a chicken enchilada with sour cream sauce and a cheese taco (tortilla filled with melted cheddar cheese and toppd with Queso), which were both good. I also had a cheese enchilada which was really great; however, it contained onions inside the enchilada (which I love), but the menu did not mention (may be able to order it without onions if you ask). The guacamole salad was good. The meal was served with beans and rice; I chose charro beans which are pinto beans in their own soup, and they were really delicious. My hubby had 1 beef soft taco and the apple chimichanga; he said they were both good and the chimi tasted like hot apple pie. The portions were very generous for the pice. Our total meal (no beverages) was $15.50. I am orinally from Austin were there's lots of good tex-mex, so I was surprised and pleased that a small East Texas town could do tex-mex right. All of the staff were very friendly and attentive.

Note: this is a family-owned restaurant in a previously "dry" county, so it DOES NOT serve alcohol. A bit disappointing to not be able to enjoy a cerveza or 'Rita with our meal, but I would still go back again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are looking for authentic mexican food, don't look here. They still have good food though. I have liked everything I have ordered from here. You are seated quickly and served even quicker! Chips and salsa are good.

1  Thank KLWSSTX
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried it out in a Sunday afternoon. It was crowded & took awhile for them to take our order but after that, it was very fast. Food is great & prices are inexpensive. Will return!

2  Thank texashoneypie
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Get the steak chimichanga! Everything here was delicious, hot and came out fast. We were just traveling through and stopped here and I'm glad we picked this place because it was great! Service was excellent too. More than one waiter got us drinks and asked if everything was ok.

3  Thank technologygirl
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I am 15 and i barely eat or try new foods but Juan Pablo's are always working with you and the food is very good!!!

3  Thank Kaitlyn T