“Impressed”

Hampton Inn Sulphur Springs
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sulphur Springs
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I admit, we are snobs. We don't travel much, with having four young kids. But, we were in town for a wedding and needed a place for two nights. I searched and considered any 5 star hotel within a 30 mile drive...there were none. After reading the reviews, I went ahead and booked our weekend at the Hampton Inn. VERY clean, the staff was accommodating, and the kids enjoyed the pool.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have to say that I have never stayed at any Hampton Inn and been disappointed. I can say the same w/ the Hampton Inn/Sulphur Springs. The clerk was friendly and very helfpul. The double queen room was clean and the beds were very comfortable, especially after a long day of fishing on Lake Fork. I will and have recommended Hampton Inn to everyone and I will be staying with them many more times in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Location was great. Near a couple of restaurants and only a little over a mile to the square, which has the only restaurant serving beer and wine and a lot of other businesses including the courthouse.

We had the King studio suite, which was very large and unique layout. Very nice room with microwave and refridgerator. The only problem I saw was with the bathroom/dressing areas lighting. There was only 1 light switch that controlled both areas. As the sink/dressing area is located in the room, you had to have that very bright light turned on to have the light on in the bathroom. Kind of a strange set up for lighting in my opinion.

We also had 2 other regular rooms with 2 queens. The only downside was no microwave or refridgerator in these rooms. Maybe this is standard for Hampton Inns, but a refridgerator is nice with kids.

Very clean and excellent service. Very good coffee in the lobby and at breakfast. If you want beer or wine in your room, pick it up before you get to Sulphur Springs. Coming from Dallas, Cumby is the closest town to buy and is a 10 or 15 minute drive if you have to get out again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Hotel was really nice as far as Hamptons go, but as usual, the wi-fi was atrocious. One thing to note - if you like to have a few cocktails to unwind after a hectic day, your choices are extremely limited - this hotel is in a dry county. There are a few options nearby, but none within walking distance.

Room Tip: Facing the main street is pretty noisy from truck traffic, I would ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Clean and comfortable are my priorities in accomodations and this hotel was both. It is a fairly new hotel and one of several chains that have popped up here in the last year or two. It is not right on the I-35 frontage road but just a few blocks away so there was no highway noise. Our room was at the back of the hotel where there is a small green area surrounding the parking lot which provides a buffer to a residential neighborhood. Each room has its own thermostat for air/heat. Our queen beds were very comfortable. good mattress and quality linens, although the duvets are a bit heavy for north Texas. The continental style breakfast was pretty typical with the addition of a scrambled egg, ham, cheese casserole which was a bit over cooked. Pizza and tex-mex restaurants are located on either side with other dining options within short driving distance. In addition to several coffee selections, hot beverages included hot cocoa and Bigelow teas. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom as far as I could tell but if there was, it was a very quiet one. Staff were friendly and courteous during reservations and check-in.

Room Tip: Request a room on the backside of the hotel away from the street although this location is pretty qu...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank llennef
Reviewed July 13, 2011

If you need to stay in Sulphur Springs Texas, the Hampton is where you want to stay. In a few words: ultraclean, quiet, excellent service, very clean service area for the free light breakfast, frree parking and very comfortable rooms. We were very happy with this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eatagin
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My business travels have recently taken me to Sulphur Springs. Being a Hilton Hhonors members, I stayed at the Hampton Inn and I was not disappointed. I am not sure how old the property is, but it looked brand new. My room was clean and the furniture looked brand new. Their fitness room was great--I hadn't stayed at a Hampton with free weights, but this one had them as well as a treadmill (may have been other cardio equipment, but I didn't use it). The breakfast had protein items, not just cereal and breads, which is important to me. I stayed two nights and I have no complaints. I would certainly stay their again if I have to go to Sulphur Springs in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sulphur Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#3 of 9 in Sulphur Springs
Best Western Trail Dust Inn & Suites
Days Inn and Suites Sulphur Springs
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
#1 of 2 in Commerce
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs
Lake Fork Marina & Motel

Been to Hampton Inn Sulphur Springs? Share your experiences!