“Not bad at all”
Review of Brookstreet BBQ

Brookstreet BBQ
Ranked #49 of 382 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Please visit our website for the right menu!
Description: Please visit our website for the right menu!
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I got half a slab of ribs with fried okra and cole slaw, and a bottle of Heinie. That ran me about $20. I can't say that this is an exceptional value, but I liked the ribs very much. They were soft and flavorful. Cole slaw was very nice and moist, and okra was fried as I ordered it and brought to the table a short time later. Overall, I was happy with the food, but I don't think it's competitively priced.

1  Thank Seth J

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Loved the pulled chicken salad and all the complimentary items. Seasoned onions, extra sauces, pickles, jalapenos, others and free ice-cream.

1  Thank jo_coch
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I grade hard.
When trying a new BBQ joint I always get the brisket & rib plate. The brisket was lean, and somewhere in between being moist and dry. I watched him trim the fat off before slicing it which I appreciated. The ribs were very flavorful and meaty, although a tad on the fatty side.
I had the potato casserole (very good) and ranch beans (pretty good). Corn on the cob was offered as complimentary, so I tried that as well (very good). The bread was really good, but nearing end of shelf life. Service was average, but friendly enough and efficient. Ordered to go and it was well packaged.
I'll return when in the area. Good value for the price.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

The sauce was lacking and the service marginal-the food quality and quanity in itself was good-I was disappointed with the sauce.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Great pulled pork, the rest was fairly ordinary. Very over cooked corn, ok brisket. Have had better.